Sunday, June 8, 2008

Our trip to NWA!!


Yesterday we went to NWA to go to dinner for Michael's birthday! He had been dying to go back to Ruth's Chris steakhouse. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner & were totally surprised by having a check paid for. We were so shocked (& I was almost in tears) that three couples in our small group had called in advance & paid for our dinner. Can you get any more thoughtful than that?? Thank you Eric & Samantha, Matt & Erica, & Joel & Jessica...you all are such wonderful friends!!!

We had left a little early to go shopping a little. I have been reading Shannon's blog & I love her decorating style. She has made several posts about this place called Oop's in Tontitown. I just had to go. Michael & I went crazy in there!! For those of you in the FS area, it's like an A to Z but a couple of steps up! I just wanted to share a couple of things we got while we were there!

We have been looking for something for our extra bathroom.
We found these bird pics for $6.25 & $3.75. I love them. They are really old looking!!














We have been looking for shades for our chandelier forever. We found these for $.50 each!!



I found this precious little bird ornament for a couple of dollars!
Both of our grandparents have cups like these & remember drinking from them growing up. We got 6 for $.75 each!!! I love them!!
We got several other things but I have probably bored you with all this stuff! I will stop now!! Thanks Shannon for telling me about Oops...I will definatley be going back soon!!

3 comments:

Our Blessed Family said...

I want to go to Oops!! Next trip you make let me know if you need company :)
We are all thrilled that you and Michael were surprised about dinner! You two deserve it! You both do so much for all of us and we were happy to get a chance to do that! You and Michael mean so much to Joel and I!

Shannon said...

Yea!!!!! I love all of it! Thanks for posting!

Samantha said...

Okay, so I mentioned Oops! to Eric yesterday and he was like, "Oh, yeah, Michael and I talked about that place the other day! We need to go there. It sounds really cool." Did two men actually have that conversation? Too funny!

As for the Ruth's Chris thing, well, you two deserve it! Our family has been blessed by you and Michael and I hope our children will play together some day! You are always so patient with my boys when I am frazzled to my wits end and I love you for it! They love you guys! Thanks for being a part of our lives.