Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Please pray for Baby Ryan!!!

Back in the beginning of 2009 when C&H were just a few months old, we received an anonymous comment regarding Cooper's eyes. I had noticed in some pictures of him that his pupils were white, however, I wasn't aware that this was a sign of anything. After the comment stating that white pupils in pictures is a sign of eye cancer (among other things), Michael & I started researching on the Internet & the more we read the more worried we got! After several visits to the eye doctor, everything turned out to be fine with Cooper's eyes...PRAISE THE LORD!!!! You can read more about it here.

In the past few months, I have been following a blog with twin boys, Dylan & Ryan, with a very similar story, however, their story hasn't quite turned out the way ours did. When I read through their blog, I just got chills thinking about how similar our stories were. They started noticing Ryan's eyes not focusing like Dylan's were & his eyes were white in all his pictures! They soon were told that Ryan had Retinoblastoma. I can't imagine hearing that one of your children had cancer. I read their blog daily & pray for their family daily! Will you please say a prayer for little Ryan today? His doctors are hopeful that he'll be able to regain significant vision in his left eye, & possible some in his right. You can click here to read a recent blog post about the situation or you can go back through their archives to read the whole story! You can even grab their button & spread the word about praying for this little guy!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What terrible news! We are praying for Baby Ryan...

Juicy said...

Oh my! We noticed the same thing in Spencer's eyes and had him seen by an eye doc to make sure there was nothing wrong. Thank goodness nothing was going on with him, but I am so sad about Ryan. What a sweetheart, I will definitely think good thoughts for that little guy!

Jayme said...

Oh thank you Mary Kate! This was so sweet of you :)

Anonymous said...

My name is Ashley, and I've been reading your blog for a while (I forget how I came across it!).

I am thankful you wrote this post! We had a similar "scare" a few weeks ago in my family. I had taken several dozen pictures of my nephews over the course of the holidays and noticed that one of my nephew's eyes appeared white in multiple pictures (and also in some older pictures from months before). I became so incredibly panicky when I saw that! One of my friend's nieces had a tumor in her eye (had to have her eye removed), and I knew the signs to look for (in photos). I called my sister, in tears, telling her, "I don't want to scare you..but I have to tell you what I've noticed!" She had noticed the white spots in some pictures, but kept telling herself she was being a paranoid mom. She thanked me for motivating her to get him checked out. She took my nephew to several doctors, and luckily, he was just diagnosed with a type of "lazy eye" condition that causes one of his eyes to move to the side (thus why his eyes appeared white in the picture). I am glad I spoke up since we all have peace of mind now and you just never know...

Again, THANK YOU for posting this! People need to know the signs for retinoblastoma! It's better to be safe than sorry! I will be praying for baby Ryan and his family.

Here is a helpful site that I thought others might want to check out...
http://www.daisyseyecancerfund.org/rb/eye/photography.html