Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

While struggling with infertility for 4 years, I always dreaded Mother's Day when it rolled around. I always put on a happy face to celebrate my Mom and all the other moms in my life, but inside I hurt! I knew I would be a Mom someday, I just had a long journey to get there. I do have to say the long road I traveled made Mother's Day all the more sweeter now. It went from being one of my least favorite holidays to one of my favorite! I love to celebrate being a Mommy to my sweet miracles, but I can't help to think about all those out there traveling down that long road and Mother's Day always makes me pray extra hard for them!

This year was no exception...I felt extra special this year! I got precious pictures from C&H from school on Friday and on Saturday morning, I woke up to donuts, flowers, and cards from my sweeties!
Photobucket
We have all been a little puny lately and didn't make it to church on Sunday, but got together with our families to celebrate all the Mom's in our lives! For lunch, we had lunch with my parents and grandmother. Since I have become a mom myself, I am even more thankful for my mother. She has taught me so much on how to be a supporter, friend, and amazing mother and I hope that I at be half the mother that she is!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After lunch, we all 4 came home and took 2 hour naps! :) And then went to dinner and Michael's parents house!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: