Sunday, July 24, 2011

Our Nighttime Routine

I think having a night time routine is such a huge part in a child's sleep habits. From day one of C&H's lives, we were always on a routine and always had the same bedtime every night! As they have gotten older, we have become much more relaxed on the bed time issue but when we are home, we still try to keep the same night routine. This is such a special time for me...C&H are usually so sweet and I just wanted to document our routine. After baths & teeth brushings, we always sit in the floor together and say our prayers.
And then we turn out the lights, and I hold each of them at their crib side and sing a song. I have sung the same song to them each and every night since they were just a few months old. Just recently they have started singing along and it just melts my heart to hear their tiny voices sing our special song!
Cooper
Hadley

And just in case you can't understand us and so I don't ever forget it, here are the lyrics to our special song:
As night begins to fall,
And animals big and small,
Get ready to go to bed,
The owls say hello,
and the moon starts to glow,
Good Night Sleepy Head!

3 comments:

Amy and Jerry said...

Ok, that is the most precious post EVER! Love those sweet little voices. You are one blessed Momma!!

Carly said...

I love this! So sweet and such a good idea. I remember my nighttime routine still and how safe it made me feel. You're a good momma!

Elizabeth Dianne said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard!