Monday, July 21, 2008

14 week belly picture & dr. appt

Here is a pic of me this morning at 14w1d. I feel like my belly has exploded!!
I had a pretty rough weekend. Starting Saturday afternoon throughout Sunday night, I was absolutely miserable with what I think is gas pains. It got so bad, I almost asked Michael to take me to the ER. I would take gas medicine & it would help for like an hour & then I was in pain again! I couldn't even go to church on Sunday because I was in so much pain. I have been feeling better this morning, but called the dr. anyways to see if there is anything else I could do if this happened again. My nurse talked with Dr. Laws & he wants to see me this afternoon to do a scan to see if everything is alright. I really think it was just gas & everything is fine, but 'better safe than sorry'!!! I will update my blog this afternoon!

--UPDATE--
Everything is fine with the babies. They were both measuring & moving normally! Wow...they have grown so much...ultrasound tech said they are about 3" from head to butt. Heartbeats were 146 & 154! They said it was either bad gas or my gallbladder acting up. He said that where I am describing the pain it could easily be my gallbladder, but since the pain has gone away, we will just assume it was gas for now. If the problem continues, they will do a more extensive look at my gallbladder. He said gallbladder issues were very common in pregnant women. I go back on August 5th for my next appointment! Hopefully two weeks after that we can find out what sexes we have growing in there!!! I can't wait!

11 comments:

Jen said...

Hey girl...I'll be thinking of you this afternoon, I also have an appt at Dr. Haraway. Wonder if we'll run into each other?! Anyways, I'll be praying that everything is okay for you...I'm sure it really is just gas pains, sounds very typical for where you are right now. I can't believe I'm far enough along now to be dispensing pregnancy "advice"...hope you don't mind! :-)

Our Blessed Family said...

You look amazing! I still have that twins book in my car for you! I hope everything goes well at your appointment!
Jessica

Adrienne said...

Look at your cute preggy belly! Dresses are the best for this heat! Its all I wanna wear. The store is The Baby's Room in Rogers. They had tons of options in all wood stains. The sales lady was knowledgeable and the crib prices were around $450- 599. The matching pieces were around the same price range. I'm not sure if Tulsa is closer to you and if there's a comparable store there. The only other place besides Target and WalMart up here is the unpainted furniture store. Oh about your belly pains, this weekend I had them too! I thought it was indigestion b/c it was right under my rib cage. Tums helped for 1-2 hrs at a time. Interesting that your dr said gallbladder! I'll have to ask mine next Tuesday!

Heather said...

I feel your pain, sister. I had some gallbladder attacks during my pregnancy with Ella. Hang in there. It seemed to have to do with what I ate (the more fatty the meal, the worse). Hope it doesn't happen again. I am so glad the babies are growing and healthy. Can't wait to be taking care of them in the Nursery!!!! (actually, i can wait--until your at least 36 weeks :) We don't want em' too soon.

The Campbells said...

ugh, so sorry to hear of your pains. I had kidney stones and they were so painful!!! I hope it's not your gall bladder!! Good luck at your next appt!!

Kelly said...

I'm glad you are okay. Every little pain I have just freaks me out these days!

Jenna said...

So glad you and your babies are fine! I'm jealous - you are going to get your big ultrasound way before me! My dr makes us wait until at least 19 weeks!

Matt Locke said...

You look great. We are glad you are feeling better. We missed you and Michael at Church Sunday.

Love,
The Locke Family

Laura said...

Mary Kate....you look absolutely beautiful! I am sorry about the pains you have been experiencing. I remember worrying about every pain and strain throughout my pregnancy but 99% of the time everying is totally fine and just part of the process of another individual developing inside of us. I can't imagine how that kind of a process wouldn't result in pain and discomfort from time to time =)

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) I'm so glad it seems to be getting better. Are you feeling babies moving yet? Looks like your staying nice a cool! We'll be getting our u/s at the end of Aug. :)

xoxo

Melissa Stover said...

how exciting that you are having twins! congratulations.