Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Mom & Pogee

Since I found out I was pregnant, my mom & Pogee (my grandmother) have been knitting away for things for the babies! I just wanted to share with you all some of the stuff they have knitted so far. I have known about Pogee's knitting abilities my whole life...my wardrobe growing up consisted mainly of sweaters that she knitted. She is amazing! My mom on the other hand, has really impressed me with what she can do. And she gets better with every piece she knits!! Thank you both...it means so much to me! I can't wait to see my babies in the sweaters, hats, & booties!!!



Here is a sweater I just recieved from Pogee!! How cute is that?? I love the cream!! This is obviously not a real baby...this is Emmie...my favorite doll as a child!!!
Another shot!! I sure wish I could knit like that!
And here is a sample of a hat my mom knitted a while back!
Just a sample of some that she has knitted! She has knitted two kinds of booties, two bonnets, & two sweaters...I believe! I just don't have pics of them yet!! That can be another post!!!


And I want to end this post with some cute pictures of my nieces, Annie Kate & Turner Grace. They came & spent the night at our house on Saturday night & we had so much fun! After dinner, we were sitting out on the back porch eating snowcones in their swimsuits when the sprinkler system suddenly came on! They were so pumped!! Man, does Uncle Michael know how to read minds or what??

5 comments:

Jen said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the name ideas! I'd like something that mentions the babe, maybe our nickname for her (McBaby) or Darren's little "pet" name for her, Caddy. Anyway, hope she'll be here sooner rather than later...I'm really hoping about 2 more weeks, even though she's really not due for 4 weeks. Guess it's time to test my patience some more! :-)

Kelly said...

That sweater and the hats will be perfect for January babies! So cute!!!!

Jenna said...

Hi Mary Kate. I do remember you. Congratulations on your pregnancy. How exciting!! Twins are so much fun....never a dull moment. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love your blog. What an amazing story you have! Good luck with your pregnancy.
jenna

Lindsey said...

Hi MK, so I've had much catch up reading to do. My favorite is the picture of your tummy...oh how we long for so many years to have a bulging belly! So cute! I'm so glad everything is progressing well. I hope you are able to savor every moment! -Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Cute! Perfect for this winter. :) Now you need some cute knitted pants or skirt to go with them. ooohh or even a knitted sleep sack! Can you imagine what they'll be turning out when you find out the genders? They'll be the best dressed babies in town!