Saturday, September 27, 2008

What a fun day!!

Michael went to South Arkansas this weekend to get the deer woods ready for deer season & my dad was working today, so my mom & I decided to have a fun day together. We started off with some cooking this morning...you are probably thinking 'well that's no fun', but we have both been wanting to try this place out. It is called:

This place was so cool! They have monthly menus that you get to pick from. You can pick 6, 8, 10, or how ever many meals you want to make. You have to let them know ahead of time which meals you want & they provide all the ingredients & have it set out at each station with directions on how to prepare each meal. You prepare it, package it, & take it home & freeze it. I have been wanting to try this place out to have some dinners already prepared for if & when I have to go on bed rest or for when the babies get here!!! My mom & I really enjoyed our morning preparing 6 meals each in 1 hour. Can you imagine the time it saved us going grocery shopping, preparing for the meal, & the clean up time??? I think we will be going back when their October menu comes out!! Here is the link for anyone interested... http://www.dinnerwithtlc.com/


We ran home put our food in the freezer, met for lunch at Panera Bread, & then met my sister at the movies! I haven't been to the movies in such a long time, but have been waiting for this movie to come out!!! The Nights in Rodanthe....with Dianne Lane & Richard Gere!! Great movie...you all have got to so see it!!

I am trying to take total advantage of days like today! In the very near future, I won't be able to go & do as I please all day long....but oh, it will be so worth it! I am so anxious to get these little babies here & hold them. Next weekend is my big baby shower & I can't wait to see everyone & show off how much these babies have grown!

6 comments:

Harris Boys said...

we have a place similar in my area that does the meal plans. the food is awesome and is a great idea for us moms.

can't wait to go see Nights in Rodanthe...I'll have to make a girls day out of it too :)

Jill said...

We have a place like that here in Little Rock...Super Suppers. I have picked meals up from them that they had already prepared. I think it would be fun to go and make my own though!

I want to see that movie as well...now that someone has said it was good, I will go see it. :)

Can't wait to see pics from the baby shower!!

Lianna Knight said...

I am DEFINITELY going to check out the TLC site...what a GREAT idea :)

And I am DYING to see the movie too...I read the book a LONG time ago--I was on a Nicholas Sparks kick.

Can't wait to see the pics from the shower :)

Kelly said...

Mary Kate -
Scott is from MAGNOLIA!!!! He lived there all his life and went to SAU. He's 32 so you may or may not know him. He played football for the panthers. ha!
What is your maiden name - I need to ask him if he knows you.
Where does your husband hunt? Scott's family has a deer camp in Waldo.

Will,Laurie,Brock said...

I am coming to rob your freezer! :) That sounds fun, I am going to have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

Hillary said...

I LOVE TLC!! I have been a few times and almost all of the meals we have eaten we have loved. I have picky boys so they don't like the veggie ones like me!! Can't wait to see you!!