Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Embryos-Day 3-Transfer Day

Hello everyone,
Day 3 started off as a stressful day...I called & got the news that our embryos weren't doing as well was the day before. I learned that we had a 3, 2 1/2, & 2 1/2 (Remember scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best). I was a little discouraged, even though I knew that embryo grading process would be a roller coaster of emotions. I was told that the embryo transfer was still on for 1:30.

When we got to Tulsa, we first met with Dr. Prough to discuss everything. He told us that my body did not react to the meds the way he would have liked. He said that the 4 eggs that were immature had vascules or holes in them which he thought was from my endometriosis. We also discussed our options & changes in protocol for our next cycle if this one doesn't work. He said with the quality of our embryos that he wanted to transfer all 3 embryos that we had. He made me feel better about our chances & told us that there is still a 40% chance that this could work. I still have faith....all we can do at this point is to pray about it & stay positive...it is in God's hands!!!

The actual procedure wasn't bad at all...it was actually pretty neat. I got to watch the embryos being inserted into my uterus on the screen...amazing!!! It was a wonderful feeling! I am just praying that at least one of those little guys attach to my uterus!!!!

I wanted to thank everyone for the thoughts & prayers!! I wanted to close with a picture of our little embryos....it just amazes me everytime I look at them!!

7 comments:

me said...

mary kate,

just wanted to let you know that i have been keeping up with you and all that's going on. i will be praying that you won't have to worry about next month... and you will get the good news in a couple of weeks. god bless.
"the lord is WONDERFULLY GOOD to those who wait for him." lamentations 3:25
rachel

Becca said...

MK,
thanks for your comment. one more thing, please feel free to call me anytime (we're in the phone book) if you want to talk or just vent. Seriously. We've had quite a road too. Hearing the "in God's timing" stuff got pretty old for me, even though I knew it was true. I love this verse though and can attest to its truth after a long road. I could have never imagined what God would do in my life, not to mention what He would do in the last 5 years! "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." ephesians 3:20-21

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, my love! I just know everything is going to work out because I don't know anyone that deserves this more than you and Michael! I love you guys and thank you for keeping us posted on everything!

Meredith, Bryan, and Bryton

Jen said...

Good luck Mary Kate and Michael!! Did Dr. Prough do your transfer? He did mine also, and was SO reassuring and comforting! Of course, you know that I understand where you are right now, so please feel free to write or call if you need anything...I have my "blasts" picture on my myspace, too! :-)

Thinking of you,
Jennifer

The Campbells said...

Wow! That's great news! Stick baby stick!!!!

Can't wait to hear more good news!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you guys all the love in the world. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

P.S. Happy Birthday to you...

Love,
Mir

Unknown said...

oooooooooh!! Come on baby(s)!! STICK! My eyes welled with tears seeing those 'blasts'! Amazing! Thinking about you daily. xoxoxo