Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Eye Appointment

A couple of months ago, we received an anonymous comment on our blog that really freaked me out. I guess I should just attribute it to being a new mom. The comment was about some pictures of Cooper where one of his pupils were white. The comment was talking about that being a sign of cancer of the eye. I was really upset at first that someone would leave a first time mom a comment like that & freak her out. But after the fact, I know that person wasn't trying to be mean, just putting their insight in to help. After researching it on the internet & looking through multiple pictures of the same thing, we decided to call the eye doctor. There was like a 3 month wait to get in, so we pulled a few strings. Michael's financial adviser's wife is our eye doctor so he called him, told him what was going on, & she got us in the next day. Needless to say, Michael & I both were very worried going in. She said from what we described that she thought it might have been a catarach since they were preemies. This was about 2 months ago that we went in the first time & she didn't see anything that she was worried about, but wanted to see him in two months when he could follow things with his eyes a little better so she could get a better look in the back of his eyes. Today was that appointment. She didn't see anything...she said he looked great & wanted to see him when he was about one year. She also had told us to bring Hadley in & she would look her over too since she was also a preemie, but she passed with flying colors too. Michael & I are so relieved & I guess just being overly protective first time parents, but she did say that this could be a sign of a catarach, cancer of the eye, & several other things, so I am glad we got them checked out & that is everything is fine...thank you God for two healthy babies!!!

6 comments:

Chic Runner said...

Glad you got that figured out and everything worked out. I have heard about that disease on the Today show and the mom found out about it the same way you did. Glad you are proactive and everything is good with the twins!

Verna said...

Glad all is okay, but I always feel, If we want to leave comments of any kind,---why be anonymous? I'm not ashamed of who I am, and if wanted to comment something like that I think I would have told the blog author to please send me a e-mail or do a phone call so I could personally tell them what I noticed. But then that is me, not everybody feels that way. Being a first time mother, I am sure it scared you!
I guess this is something we should all be aware of and let preemie baby mothers know that there are things they may want to look for.
Great 2nd night in their cribs.
Before you know it they will be sleeping all night long. Love reading your blog.
Have a great week!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness...that would have scared me to death. I know that on Jon & Kate's show, they have thir babies eyes checked all of the time, as well...since they were preemies. I'm so glad that everything looks good with Cooper.
Peace of mind is worth so much!

((HUGS))

les said...

hey! I found your blog through another blog! I have loved following your story and it has given me hope as I am going through fertility treatments. I am currently in day 5 of my 2ww. I just had a random question.... did you have any signs that you were pregnant? We had a FET with 2 embryos.... Im driving myself crazy! Sorry this post is random and off topic!! The babies are precious!!

Jordan said...

I'm so glad that they're both great!!

Lori said...

I'm so glad they are ok! That would have been scary to think about, I would have taken them to a doctor right away, also. I guess I'd rather know than worry!