Monday, March 30, 2009

Night #1 in our cribs

Well, we all survived and the babies did great! Hadley ever made a peep all night, was woke up from a dead sleep for both feedings when her brother was demanding to eat, & woke up at 8:30 this morning in the best mood ever! The paci was never an issue with her...she slept pretty much all night without it! I pulled out the sleep positioners last night...I thought they might feel more secure in their big cribs since they were used to sharing the Pack-n-Play or sleeping in the bouncy seats! They worked wonderfully!
They ate about 8:30 last night & went down around 9:00. From 10-12:30, Cooper was pretty fussy & I was in their nursery probably every 10-15 minutes. I decided to sleep in the guest bedroom which is right next to the nursery, so it wasn't too bad! I fed again at 12:30 and from 1-4 he & I slept great! After that, he was hungry again so he wanted his paci, and continued to suck hard & spit it out until about 4:45 when I fed them again. After that, he slept well until about 9:00. Not bad for our first night, eh??? I am pretty happy about it! I thought it would be alot harder than it was! I just pray it continues to get better not worse!!!

9 comments:

Lori said...

I am so glad to hear it went well, they look so cute in their cribs. You sound like a wonderful mother!

Val, Brax and Harper said...

awwww! seeing those pics brought back memories of when i used to wrap my son all up in the swaddler things. he loved it! i used the sleep positioner too, for the same reason. he slept like that for a long time! your babies are just precious.
also, if you get desperate for help the book "healthy sleep habits, happy child" by dr. marc weissbluth was a lifesaver for us. my son would go thru phases of fighting sleep, and it was an invaluable resource for what to do. he is now 20 months, and is a great sleeper. i'll refer back to the book, tho, when it's time to switch to a big boy bed.
i enjoy your blog!

Joy@WDDCH said...

They are SO cute! Are their cribs in the same bedroom as well?

I think the sleep positioner was a great call, too.

Vashti said...

Good job! Hadley is looking so cubby! They are adorable.

Lisa said...

Glad to hear that things went so well. I used the positioner for Cameron and it really seemed to help, but I put Cameron more around his belly/shoulder area...that way he felt like he was being held. Good luck with night #2.

Jill said...

I would have never thought to use the sleep positioner for up by their heads...brilliant. :) Going to have to remember that. My sister always used it for aound their belly area.

Elyse said...

YAHOO...glad the first night went smoothly :) The positioners are a great idea!
~Elyse~

Kristen said...

My twins always used the sleep positionors, but we used them around their belly. I didn't like things by their face. Glad that everything is going well! They are precious!!!

The Campbells said...

MK, I have that positioner. I *think* it's meant to be used at their bellies. I would be frightened to use it at their heads. I would definitely check to make sure they are able to be used like that.

E uses hers still, I was told in the hospital that due to her reflux, we needed to have her always sleep on her side. So she has just gotten used to it.

Babies look like they are doing great!!!