Saturday, September 25, 2010

New Activities!

I am constantly looking for new activities to keep C&H busy! Their attention span is very short & get bored very easily like any other toddler their age! Courtney at "Two Little Bugs and a Bichon" has been posting lately about creative learning games & activities that she is reading about in a new book. She is trying them out on her twin boys and then documenting all the activities on her blog. They really are some great activities and I look forward to trying them out with C&H too!

We tried out water balloons the other day...C&H had fun and that is all that matters, but I obviously didn't fill the water balloons up well enough. They would throw them and they would just roll across the concrete and even the gravel! We squeezed and stepped on the balloons and very few of them even popped!! We will definitely have to try this again and fill them up more!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Once they got bored with those I just blew some of the balloons up and they had lots of fun with them too!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Another great idea I recently saw involved coloring! C&H love to color...and on anything! I covered their table with some old wrapping paper (on the white side) and let them go to town! They LOVED it! We wrote all of our family's names on there & drew some pictures! We all had fun!
Photobucket
Photobucket

I can't wait to try some more of Courtney's ideas!

1 comment:

Two Little Bugs and a Bichon said...

I am so glad you are trying some of the activities!!! It's hard to keep two toddlers entertained, isnt it?!! Geezzz!!! I love the wrapping paper idea, we will try that this week!! Sorry you couldnt get them to bust! A smaller balloon size or more water should do the trick next time!