Sunday, September 5, 2010

Our Big Kid Table

Our new kitchen just doesn't have a good space for our two high chairs! I keep moving them to different spots, but they just seem to be in the way wherever I put them. I thought this might be a good time for us to introduce C&H to a big kid table. This table was my Mom's when she was a little girl some 60+ years ago. My siblings & I used it...and my nieces...and now C&H get to use it! I painted it and brought it in the kitchen last night and C&H had breakfast & lunch on it today. They seem to really like it! I figured I would have a hard time getting them to stay seated, but they haven't tried to get up during mealtime at all! They look so darn big sitting there together...and the clean-up is MUCH easier! Their highchairs have 50 million places food gets and cleaning up 3 meals a day X 2....somedays it seems like all I do is clean highchairs. Maybe, just maybe this big kid table will work out and we can rid our kitchen of the big, bulky things! ;)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

kelle grogan said...

i love it! i love that the chairs have hand rails.
i just bought little trays like that to use with their highchairs because i was so tired of taking that big honkin tray off and cleaning it all day long!

Me! said...

love it! they are getting so big!! miss h's hair is getting long!!!!love the foot pic!

Hayley said...

love the table! i'm considering getting b&b booster seats to put in our kitchen chairs because i'm tired of cleaning highchairs too. that is one thing that i really do not like doing! so sweet that c&h get to use the table/chairs too!