Thursday, March 3, 2011

I know it's coming....

Photobucket
There is just something about a baby that sucks a paci (or 'b' in our case). Probably because almost all the babies I have been around alot have sucked a 'b' and I just LOVE it! When C&H were tiny babies and would spit their 'b' out and scream, I literally wanted to throw them out the window...but, they soon became my saving grace and were the only things that would soothe them to sleep or calm them down! On many occasions, I was so thankful that they liked their 'b'. After our beach trip this past summer when C&H were 18 months old, we decided to only let them have them at nap time and night time. They did amazing with this transition and they seemed to go to sleep much better after that! They actually get excited when we say it is 'night-night' time and they run to their room to get their 'b' and blankies...it's really precious! However, lately the thought of taking them away for good has been weighing in the back of my mind...I know the time is coming and I am dreading it. I just love our 'b' sucking toddlers, but I know the time is coming! They have their first dentist appointment in April and I just know their dentist is going to say something about it...I am just getting myself ready, but maybe that is what I need to get rid of them for good!

Here is a little video from one day last week when H and I went in to get C up from his nap. He isn't a good 'waker-upper' and he must say bye-bye to his 'b' and blankie on his own or he can be one crabby kiddo! Good luck if you try to take it from him...but the snack gets him everytime!!!

2 comments:

mary Beshears said...

So Sweet!

Liz said...

Giving up the paci is sooooo traumatic for everyone involved. O gave hers to baby Jesus at Christmas....now, if she goes up to not like Jesus so much, we'll know why! C&H will be JUST FINE when it's gone! Try taking it away just at nap time and let them get used to being without it.....just a thought!