Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Potty Training: Day 1

Today was our first day of our potty training adventure! Overall, I am very pleased with how the first day went...yes, they both had some accidents, but the both made LOTS of progress! We started the day off a little later than normal due to them sleeping in...Hadley woke up about 8:15 and Cooper woke up around 9:00. We had our breakfast like normal and then put on our big kids underwear and threw away all our diapers!!
Photobucket
And then we had a "Potty Party" with balloons and LOTS of drinks! They helped me make koolaid, and loved drinking it from swirly straws!
Photobucket
Then our day was filled with lots of ups and downs, which was to be expected! Cooper had two accidents early on and then went tee-tee around 10 times before lunch! I was so proud of him! He would tee-tee and within 5 minutes say "Mommy, I tee-tee again" and back to the potty we would go! He would tee-tee everytime...I just wish he would let it all out instead of just a little bit! Hadley, on the other hand, didn't go at all until we were sitting at the table eating lunch! I was wishing she would quit holding it so long, but by this evening she was telling us she needed to go tee-tee and was actually going! Cooper kind of took a step back and got too busy playing tonight and had a few accidents. I swear if I had a dollar for everytime I said, "Cooper/Hadley, be sure & tell Mommy when you need to potty", I'd be a rich woman!!! Although, the program we are following discourages it, we decided just to put pullups on them at night until they can wake up dry in the mornings. I'll be happy if we can get them potty trained during the day, and then we will worry about nighttime! Here are some more pictures from our day today!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I just couldn't resist!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Erin said...

don't they look so big in their undies? it's such a milestone! we're working on it with addi now too and it's bittersweet, i have to say. i will definitely not miss the diapers, but it's just one more reminder that she's growing up on me. *sigh*