Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend 2010

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs...since the payment is pure love.

~Mildred B. Vermont

Mother's Day...growing up, I remember showering my Mom with presents and making her feel special on her special day. As I got married and started trying to have a family, I grew to despise Mother's Day. It was always just a reminder of how badly I wanted to be a Mommy...but couldn't. However, over the past few years, it is becoming one of my favorite holidays. In 2008, we shared the news with our families that we were expecting after such a long journey...it was amazing! In 2009, I celebrated my two sweet 4 month old babies....I had never felt so special in my life that God had picked me to be Cooper & Hadley's Mommy. This year was no different...Mother's Day has become a special place in my heart. It is now a reminder of unconditional love like I never had imagined. I never knew with kind of love existed! I prayed yesterday for all the women out there who dread Mother's Day like I used to. I prayed that they would have peace in their hearts and hope that they one day will be able to celebrate as a Mother! I also prayed for those who had lost there Mother! I am so fortunate to be able to celebrate my Mom, my Mother-in-Law, & two grandmothers. I am so lucky to have a Mom of my own who loves my unconditionally and would stop what she is doing at any second to help me with anything! Thanks Mom for being such a wonderful friend and Mother! I love you!

Photobucket

On Saturday night, my sister and her family had us over for a picnic. The weather was perfect & we sat on blankets and ate fried chicken, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, and brownies! The babies had a blast...we will definitely have to do that again!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On Sunday, my brother and his family surprised my Mom by coming to visit! It was so good to see them! We enjoyed a nice lunch made by all the guys...it was yummo! Thanks guys!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cooper & Hadley,

Thank you for making my dreams of becoming a Mommy come true! You make me a better person and have changed me forever! You are true blessings from above!


5 comments:

Brandi said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. As always, your kids are adorable. They are getting so big!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pictures! I wish I had an updated photo with my sisters and my mom! I can't get over little Hadley's wardrobe... lucky little girl! Glad you had a Happy Mother's Day! (I laughed when I read your comment on my blog! How crazy would that be?!? Yikes!)

Robyn Beele said...

Sounds like such a great Mother's Day!!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! So glad you had a wonderful day.

Jill said...

You guys are the most beautiful family! Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day!