Friday, March 12, 2010

Bye-Bye Bottles!

UPDATE: C&H are down for the night and not a peep was made when I gave them sippys instead of their bottle! It never fazed them...thank goodness! I am so thankful they didn't pitch fits for their 'babas'! Bye-Bye bottles...you won't be missed (at least cleaning you!!!)

Since C&H turned 1 year, they have taken their milk by sippy cups during the day and have gotten a bottle at nighttime. We have had such an easy bedtime routine, that I (selfishly) didn't want to take it away. But the time has come...they are 15 months old now and I really think they are ready. Last night was their last bottle! I hope I am not jinxing myself for posting this today before seeing how they will react, but I am thinking positive. I think they will do fine, but I keep you updated! Here are my little cuties with their last bottle ever!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww best of luck!!! they grow up sooo quickly.

Liz said...

i bet they'll do just fine! if you think they're ready, then they probably are! no more washing bottles for you - yippee!!!

The Cochran Crew said...

I too was scared to take the nightime bottle one away!! They handled it without a problem! I kept them in the house for a couple days after I took them away just in case, but we've never looked back. When I was on the trip at the Tubre's, Kami Lambe came over with her quads and they have Dr. Brown bottles and Cannon saw them, started signing for milk and went and grabbed one! I quickly took it away and gave him a sippy! I was soooo scared we had created a monster! They'll dooo great! Congrats on a little extra freedom!

Shannon said...

Good Luck tonight!

Blessings,
Shannon

The Campbells said...

aww, it's ok. they'll be fine. E just decided at 11 mos that she no longer wanted a bottle so I sort of got off easy. hopefully they won't even know!!!

Amy and Jerry said...

Good luck! It's amazing how well kids can transition.

We were nervous just like you (both times), but just did the same routine that first night without the bottle (bath, jammies, brush teeth, books--just without the bottle). Anniston transitioned with no crying at all. Treyson fussed for a little bit the first night, but then was fine by the next night. It definitely helps that you already dropped all of the day time bottles.

Can't wait to hear how it goes!...I'm sure great! Your kiddos are SO cute!

My New Life As Mom said...

Best of luck to you guys! I'm sure they'll be perfectly fine. Our foster baby gave it up without issue.

mika beth said...

awwwwww, when they come spend the night, I'm gonna sneek them a bottle! :)

Laura Ann said...

Congrats...I am not suprised at all. Sweet babies, they were perfectly fine without them. We actually started putting our little guy to bed with nothing at 8 months old and he has done great. No bottle, no sippie. We just put him in his bed and he is able to put himself to sleep and it is wonderful. Good luck, but I have a feeling it is going to be just fine. They are both so CUTE!