Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What a difference a year makes!!!!

February 11, 2008 was one of the most devastating, heart wrenching, & exhausting days of my life. For those of you struggling with infertility & have had unsuccessful IVF cycles, you know exactly how I felt. This time last year, we found out our first cycle of  IVF didn't work & I was so ready to give up & throw in the towel. I told myself I just wasn't meant to be a mother, but deep down inside I knew I was. If it hadn't been for Michael that day on the way back from Tulsa when we received that dreaded phone call, I really don't think I would have made it! Thank you again baby for being there for me & encouraging me & making me realize what all we had to be thankful for. As I sit here today, with two beautiful two month old babies, I have just thanked God all morning for giving us the strength & determination to continue on our journey to parenthood. It is the most rewarding experience of my life!

11 comments:

Little April said...

I agree it is the most amazing gift in the world, God is good!

Val, Brax and Harper said...

i'm so happy that your story turned out the way it did. and when you think about it, one year is nothing in the big scheme of things right? now you have FOREVER to enjoy your children! and btw, you sure make having twins look easy.

The Allens said...

That is wonderful! I loved that post - thank you for sharing it!

Jill said...

And it's stories like yours that help me to keep going! :)

Thank you for sharing...

((HUGS))

Erin said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I am so glad you continued on and tried again because those little babies of yours are ADORABLE!!!

Lisa said...

I agree with you whole heartedly. It is quite the emotional journey, but worth it all in the long run. So, glad that you stuck in there and continued on that road towards making your dreams come true. You have 2 beautiful babies to show for it and a great smile on your face that shows that you are truly enjoying MOTHERHOOD!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Karie said...

So happy for your family. Those babies are so so adorable.

Lindsey said...

Your journey has stregnthened me and given me hope during my devastating and hopeless days. Thank you for letting me be a part of it!

The Cochran Crew said...

Oh, that gave me chills!!! Congrats on staying strong!!!

Hayley said...

Parenthood is so amazing! I can so relate to this post. Our first failed IVF cycle was in October and then our second and successful attempt was in May. What a difference a year does make. We both have beautiful and healthy babies now...praise God!

The Coach's Wife said...

Hoping for that same rewarding experience this time around! Going through 2 failed IVF's has been more than extremely hard!