Thursday, November 19, 2009

Our Trip to South Arkansas!

For those of you whose husbands are hunters, you know that it's deer season! My hubby looks forward to this week all year long--a week in the woods...away from everyday life...doing what he loves! Since I wasn't working this year, the babies & I decided to tag along. We left last Friday for my hubby's family's land in South Arkansas. The plans were to stay until this coming Sunday, but by Wednesday afternoon...I was going stir crazy!! I decided that if I was going to travel 4 hours with the babies & myself, that I would have to travel during their bedtime. So that is exactly what we did...we packed up & headed for home around 6 Wednesday night & arrived home with very minimal fussing from C&H! I was very nervous, but pleased on how the ride home turned out & I was so glad to be in my own bed last night...so were C&H--they slept great! Michael has killed 2 doe...hopefully he will kill two more before Sunday so that he can come home too! Here are a few shots we took one evening before the cold front came through!
One highlight from the trip was getting to see my blogging buddy, Megan & meet her new twins, Mallory & Brody! I used to stay with my grandparents every summer while growing up. I actually met Megan a long time ago while attending my Pogee's church on one of my many visits. I came across her blog a couple of years ago and recognized her. We talked and figured out how I knew her...she since got pregnant and delivered twins who are almost 3 months old. They are the cutest little things and made me really miss my newborns! I didn't get to love on them like I wanted to because we were chasing my two little ones who were into everything! I think she got a good glimpse of what her life is going to be like in a few short months!!! It was pretty much impossible to get a picture of all four babies...C&H were not having it! And I didn't even get a picture of Megan :( Hopefully we can get together again soon and visit a little longer!! It was so good to see you again Megan after all these years!!

9 comments:

mb said...

love love love the outside pics.

My New Life As Mom said...

Awwweee, how precious! Looks like you've all had a great time over the past week or so. Very fun!

FYI, I've privatized my blog. If you'd like to have clearance, just email me me at jrsmama2009(at)gmail(dot)com and I'd be happy to send you an invite.

Thanks and beautiful pictures, as always!

Brandi said...

You always take amazing pics of your kids! My hubby is a hunter too!! He's gone most weekends during deer season...ugh!!! Love to eat deer meat!!! YUMMY!!!!

Jill said...

You are a good wife to tag along to the deer woods! :)

Those first pics of C&H are beautiful!! What camera are you using?

((hugs))

sweetpeanme said...

My husband is definitely a hunter...but with two little ones on the way I told him that we may have to skip mounting this years prize buck! :o) Plus we'll need the freezer for milk and frozen dinners soon..so a bunch of deer meat may not work out either!! :o)

Mama B said...

TAG YOU ARE IT!

Check my blog for details:

http://mamablair.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

Great pictures, I love the outside ones!
Have a great week!

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

WOW! Gorgeous pics!

Hey, thanks for entering the Tygrlilies contest, better luck next time? ;o)
http://www.tygrlilies.com/2009/11/congrats-tygrlilies-contest-winner.html

Rebekah said...

so fun that you got to meet Mal and Brody! Meg is one of my best friends from high school!