Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hello everyone...this is Mary Kate! I am alive...so sorry I haven't blogged in a while, but I think you all understand why!! We are doing great! The babies are still in the NICU, but only because of their feeding. They both have feeding tubes still because they are just to young to eat consistently. The past two days, they have slowly improved & I think they have finally turned the corner today (fingers crossed)! They have been taking every other feeding through the tube & every other one through the bottle. They gave them 30 minutes to finish a bottle & if they didn't, they got fed through the tube because they were wearing themselves out. They did much better yesterday so the bottle feeds were increased today and they only had two feedings through the tube. They did great! Hopefully, they will take all by bottle tomorrow!! I have truly learned what patience is this past week!! We have had some ups & downs, but I know we will eventually make it home!!

Thank you all for the sweet comments, flowers, visits! Michael & I have never been happier in our lives!! We have waited so long for this & we never could of imagined the joy & love that a baby can bring to your life. It is so indescribable! I never thought I could love someone like I love these babies! I could sit & stare at them ALL day long! They couldn't be more perfect in every way!! It is so crazy how much Cooper looks like his daddy & Hadley looks like me!

I want to thank Mika Beth for keeping the blog updated since the babies' birth! I haven't had one spare second to even think about getting on the computer, but I am so happy to have their first days documented! You are the best!!!!

I have taken a million pictures over the past week and a half, but haven't had a chance to really go through them all, but here are a few of my favorites!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am happy to hear that your babies are doing better at eating. Hopefully every day improves and they will be home with you soon.

Jill said...

So happy to hear that they are doing better on their feedings!

The pic of Cooper smiling is precious!! They are beautiful babies, Mary Kate. You did good. :)

Praying they are home with you soon.

((HUGS))