Friday, September 18, 2009

9 month Checkup

We just got home from our 9 month well-baby check ups & we have two happy, healthy, & giant babies! Dr. Fred said they were right on track developmentally & growing very well! We had several questions for him about both babies, but everything is fine. Cooper has been pulling at his ears for a while now. I haven't called the dr. about this because it all started the day following our last dr's visit when his ears were last checked and he has shown no fever or other symptoms & it has been both ears. I was a little concerned about that but his ears were fine. He said sometimes teething causes babies to play with their ears...who knows...he must just like his cute little ears!! Also Hadley has had some redness & bumps on one of her cheeks for a while now. I have been keeping a close eye on it & just this week have noticed a few bumps on her legs and arms. Come to find out, it is Keratosis Piliaris which is a hereditary thing that Michael and his sister had also. It is where keratin (the hard protein in skin, nails, & hair) builds up in the hair follicles...kind of strange, but there isn't anything to do about it at this age. My MIL said that Michael grew out of it as a baby so hopefully it won't give Hadley too many problems. We didn't have to go through any shots this month, but they did have to have their fingers pricked for an anemia test. Both babies were in the normal range...Cooper cryed like his finger had been cut off & Hadley just smiled at the nurse when she pricked her finger....yes, I said SMILED!!! I told Cooper not to feel bad about crying cause Mommy would have too...I hate to have my finger pricked!! Next month we are going in for flu shots and then back in 3 months for our 1 year check up!! Here are their 9 month stats:

Cooper Thomas:
Weight: 22 lb 3 oz - 90%
Length: 29 3/4 in - >95%
Head Circumference: 18 in - 80%

Hadley Owen:
Weight: 20 lb 4 oz - 90-95%
Length: 29 in - >95%
Head Circumference:17 3/4 in - 90-95%

What is a post without a picture of two cute little boogers??

7 comments:

Jenna said...

They are adorable!!!

Kelly said...

I love that they are looking at each other! :)

Erin said...

They are growing and growing. They are giant babies but they sure are cute :)

Shannon said...

they are so cute!!! i am so glad to know that my hadley isn't the only giant baby out there...

Jamie said...

Wow!! Happy Nine Months C&H!!! The picture is too adorable. They are getting so big.

Stefanie said...

I just wanted to leave a comment to say hi and that I really enjoy reading your blog. I'm not quite sure how I came to start reading it but my daughter was born on 12/15 so I love stopping by and seeing how your babies are growing and changing since they are only days older. They are adorable!

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

Just stumbled on your site through a friends...what beautiful babies! You are so blessed. I have a big baby too...my little gal is 19 months old and 32 pounds, big babies are the best, all those sweet yummy little chubby knees, elbows and tummies. I can't wait to follow the wonderful story of these two darlings!