Friday, December 11, 2009

To Cooper & Hadley on your 1st Birthday...

Dear Cooper Thomas & Hadley Owen,
Today you are turning one year old. How did this year pass so fast and how can you possibly already be a whole 365 days old??? What a year it has been!!!

Finding out I was pregnant, was one of the most memorable days of my life...only to be topped by they day you were born. Giving birth to you both with your Daddy by my side was simply a miracle. I can't express the joy we had meeting you for the first time! I vividly remember that cold December evening when you both made your grand entrance into this world! It seems like yesterday!

This year has brought so many firsts...from the first smiles, first coos, first laughs, first teeth, sitting up for the first time, crawling for the first time, first words, first steps....and not one has been any less exciting than the last! It seemed like with each passing day you were both learning something new and changing so fast! And I know so many more 'firsts' lay in your future & I look forward to each and every one of them!

As your birthday has been approaching, I have been reminiscing about the past year & remembering how tiny & fragile you were. It makes me sad to think about how quickly you have grown in one year, and I have been trying to etch every little detail of you into my mind so that I can remember this age forever! I have been holding you tighter, & rocking you longer, kissing & smelling your sweet smells more often! I know that you won't understand till one day you have a baby of your own, but I love you both more than words will express! And know that I am, and always will be, so proud to be your Mommy!

I love you sweet babies and Happy 1st Birthday!
With all my love,
Mommy

12 comments:

Jill said...

A sweet post to two sweet babies from one sweet Mommy. :)

Sarah said...

Happy 1st birthday, Cooper & Hadley! Hope the day is filled with fun celebrating and memories for you all!

The Lane Family said...

What a wonderful message the the part about you will never understand until you are a parent is so very, very true.

Happy Birthday to your sweet little babies!!!

Hayley said...

What a sweet letter Mary Kate! I'm sitting here with huge tears in my eyes! This year has gone by soooo fast and I can't believe our sweet miracle babies are already one! I think I've cried each day since December 1st just thinking about my babies turning one! Enjoy this special day and give C&H a hug and kiss from me! Happy 1st Birthday C&H!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Cooper and Hadley from Sam and Walker! ( hard to believe, I know )

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Hadley and Cooper!
WE love you!!!

Susan said...

Awww! Happy 1st Birthday Cooper, and Hadley!!! =)

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday sweet babies! Have a wonderful day!!

Jeff, Sarah, Harrison, Avery and Elliott said...

Happy Birthday Cooper and Hadley! We have truely enjoyed watching you both grow up.

Little Miss Diva said...

Happy 1st Birthday Cooper and Hadley! I have loved watching you grow up while reading your Mommy's blog. You are beautiful babies!

Candi said...

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY BABIES!!

doubletrouble said...

Happy 1st birthday Cooper and Hadley! What a sweet post MK!