Wednesday, December 9, 2009

We've almost made it...

...past the first year with twins!

Wow...what an accomplishment! It actually hasn't been as hard as I envisioned it to be when we first found out we were having twins. I was terrified inside not knowing if we could handle it! Don't get me wrong...we have tough days, but overall Cooper & Hadley's first year of life has been wonderful! They learn new things all the time and I, too, have learned many things this past year!

I have learned that I can love like I never knew was possible!! It's just hard to explain unless you have a child of your own!!! I have learned that I love my husband more & more everyday for being such a wonderful Daddy! I have learned that every baby is different & there are not right & wrong ways to do certain things!! I have learned that I can function on a lot less sleep than I originally thought! I have learned that both ends of a diaper sometimes look very similar...especially in the dark! I have learned that laundry, dishes, & clutter will still be there when the babies are asleep! I have learned that there can never be enough Dt. Coke in my fridge! I have learned what wonderful 'willing to help at anytime' family I have (which I already knew this!) I have learned that there are good days and bad days, & then there are GREAT days...thankfully the GREAT days far outnumber the bad days!!! I have learned to take joy in the small things in life! And I have learned to thank God everyday for wonderful blessings he has given me!

And you know how I hate to make a post with out some pictures! Here are our cuties today!

16 comments:

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

Awww, 2 more days!
(fingers crossed that H's doll gets there in time?)

Jess M said...

GREAT post!! and ADORABLE pics. love their outfits:) they are getting sooo big!

Christina said...

Very sweet post, I agree with all of that! ;)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

They are adorable!!!

Samantha said...

Congratulations on survival! I know exactly how you feel about loving the kids so much, it's amazing that just when you think you can't love them any more than you already do, there's always more and more and more love to go around! The babies look so great and Hadley is stunning, standing like a big girl in her pretty pink!

tessa said...

Hi there,
Long time lurker but just wanted to comment today and say congrats! My twins will be 5 next week (sniff, sniff) and truly making it through the first year with twins is a magnificent accomplishment and something to feel so proud of. For me their 2nd year was filled with a lot more sleep and even more joys if that seems possible:) Thanks for sharing your little sweeties with the blogging world, especially your amazing pics. Happy almost 1st birthday!

Mrs. Jenk said...

Hadley looks soo old in this picture!

Teresa Judkins said...

The fun has only started!! It gets better each day and year. The first year is the toughest. Once they start eating real food and get off the bottles it was a lot easier. My twins will be 3 in March, it just seems like yesterday you were at my house getting my maternity clothes, time flies by.

Anonymous said...

great post! and hadley's skirt is to die for...where did you get it?

The Dorns said...

omgosh she looks so much older in the upright position.

Lace up your tennies mommas your going to be heading in two different directions soon.

pyjammy pam said...

oh wow! this year goes by so fast, but next year will go even faster. :) thanks for sharing your beautiful babies with us!

jenn said...

time flies once you have a little ones..congrats on the first year..they are both adorable

Katie Spinks said...

oh man they are sooo cute I love Hadleys outfit!

The Lane Family said...

Great Post and their outfits are so adorable!! I agree with the fact you can never have to much diet coke in the fridge when you have twins. As I look at my 19 month old twins I wonder where the time has gone!!!

Congrats on surviving that first year and many, many more to come!!

jill said...

can't believe it's almost their birthday! they are SO PRECIOUS!!!!! happy birthday c & h!

Lisa said...

Love Hadley's outfit and little Mr. Cooper is just a ham. Sweet smiles!!