Monday, December 7, 2009

Wipes Recipe!

I have been meaning to share this homemade wipes recipe with you all for a while now, but have been so busy lately....as you can probably tell by my lack of blogging lately!! These are very simple to make & I love them!

First off, take a new roll of paper towels and cut in half with a serrated knife. This is the hardest part of the whole thing...just keep rotating the roll until you get to the cardboard center and then tear apart.
Place half of roll in a Tupperware container and store the other half until the next batch.
The only other thing you will need is 2 cups water, 2 T baby oil, & 2 T baby wash. You don't have to have lavender scent....I actually like the original Johnson & Johnson baby wash and original baby oil the best, I just had these in my cabinet and wanted to use them up first.
Heat the water up in the microwave for a couple of minutes & add the wash & oil and stir together.
Pour the mixture evenly over the paper towels.
Grab the end of the cardboard center & it should pull out easily since it is wet.
Let set for a while before use, but pull from center to use....ENJOY!
I keep these by C&H's highchair for cleanups after mealtime...they work great for this or diaper changes! Please let me know if you try these & whether you like them or not!!!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

That is such a great idea!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Lisa said...

Hi, I don't know you but I found your blog off a friend's blog. I had to comment because I have been using these wipes since my son (who is now 21 months old) was born. I love them. They are cheap, easy, and so nice for sensitive skin. I don't heat up the water and I only use one T of baby wash but other than that, it's the same. I also agree they are nice to have around for clean ups. I use them in the car a lot.
Your kids are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I make these as well and found that our electric knife works really well. I love making them and they smell really good!

Kara

Mandy said...

Thanks for the tip! I am going to start doing this -- I'm sure it saves a ton of $$! :)

Kelly said...

I used to make these all the time for baby gifts and when I nannied. I haven't made them in forever. :)

sweetpeanme said...

That is really a great idea!! Thanks!!

Rebekah said...

so fun...I am going to try this!

Laura said...

Just came across your blog! Yes.. LOVE IT! We've been using these since day 1 with our 6 month old daughter and just bought a "starter kit" for friends who are expecting twins! We use olive oil instead of baby oil. & only about 1.75 cups water, we don't like them so wet. But no butt rashes or anything. Since we probably use half the amount as you, we throw in a few drops of tea tree oil to cut down on the molding of them. For others out there, boiling helps with this issue!

Awesome.. your kids are adorable!

~Sophia & Noah's Mommy~ said...

Wow - thanks this is really cool. I just love looking at the pics of the babies. So cute.