Friday, August 14, 2009

Using our fingers!!

Lately, I have been putting cheerios, yogurt melts, etc on C&H's tray so that they can learn to start picking things up. I tried a few weeks ago, & everything was ending up on the floor...so I decided they weren't quite ready for that. This week I tried again...and they are doing great. They have been able to pick things up, but can't quite get it in their mouths....but this morning they both got a melt into their mouths!! I know it's not that big of a deal, but I love to see them try new things & succeed!!!

Look at that concentration!!!

Proud babies!! ;)

We had a good night's sleep and so far...we have happy babies today!!!!

8 comments:

Rebecca, Idaho said...

It is so exciting when our babies first learn new skills like that. C&H are just too precious.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome for 8 months...it's great practice for perfecting that "pincer grasp." Can you tell I'm a RN...ha ha

Kara

Bridgett said...

So glad you found my blog! I have LOVED looking through yours!! Your babies are adorable. Absolutely adorable. Looking forward to keeping up with your all-to-similar-to-ours journey!!

Jen said...

It's such sweet victory when those first few bites make it in! :) Love it!!!

Elyse said...

Sweetness! They look so proud with that melt in their mouths!
~Elyse

The Dorns said...

wow awsesome!!!

Lisa said...

I have been curious how they have been doing and those pictures so me that they are feeling pretty good . Too cute and so proud of themselves... too cute!

Mrs. Jenk said...

You are going to think I am crazy, but I commented on Hadley's 4 month photo dress months ago and once you told me who made it I scoured the net to find it. On top of that- I love your sister's photo style and sent her link to my photographer, so for you to comment on the dress is funny! Abby Lu is an IVF baby also and her twin "vanished" very early on. She was born just a few weeks after yours. I love seeing what twin life would have been like- crazy good!