Thursday, August 13, 2009

What a Day!!

These pictures pretty much sum up our day today....needless to say, it's been a
LONG day!
Mr. Cooper woke up at 4:15 this morning and wasn't a happy camper. I am not sure what was wrong, but it took both Mommy & Daddy till 6:00 to get him calmed down. He took a good morning nap, but refused to sleep this afternoon...so Mommy had a very cranky Cooper on her hands today!!!
Hadley has been fussy today too, but I think it is her tummy. She has never been a big spitter upper. The past few days, she has been spitting up/throwing up quite a bit. I say that bc I am not really sure whether she is spitting up or throwing up. How do you tell the difference? It's more than a little spit up, but not a ton...I was just not sure, so I called the dr. yesterday. He said to put her on a Pedialyte diet for 24 hours, then on 1/2 strength formula for 24 hours, then back to normal. She is refusing to drink the Pedialyte...so have been mixing Pedialyte with 1/2 formula, but it still seems like her tummy is still upset. If she is still spitting up tomorrow, I am calling the dr. back & see what else we can do! Poor baby girl, she has wanted me to hold her all day today!
Please pray for a good night's sleep & some happy babies in the morning because Mommy would at least like a shower tomorrow!!

10 comments:

Jill said...

Okay, how can your babies be so cute even while they are crying!? LOL I will pray they (and you) sleep well tonight! :)

Anonymous said...

I will say a prayer for you! About the Pedialyte...my daughter did not like the taste of it either so I called the doctor and they said to dilute it with water and it worked like a charm. I think it was a little too strong for her. Check with your doctor first. Can't remember the age my daughter was. :) Just an idea. :)

Bamawhitney said...

Oh so sad - yet they are still 2 of the precious babies! I hope they get to feeling better. I think the way I told the difference between spit-up and throw-up is (this is gross) how smelly it was. The more smelly = in belly longer and probably not spit up.

Anonymous said...

Just try a diffrent can of formula. Make sure it is not Exp.
I swear one time I had a bad batch and it made my son stomach so upset. Specially since they are both having the same problem?

Sarah said...

Sorry for the rough day! Did you try flavored Pedialyte? When we used it I first bought just the clear and couldn't get Ava to take it but she guled down the flavored! I always wondered how you could tell the diff b/t spit up and throw up too and I think if it's throw up you'll know! At least that's what I discovered! Hope they are both feeling better today!

Lisa said...

Aww, those little faces are even cute when they are sad. Hope they both are feeling better soon.

jenn said...

i hope the babies did well last night..thinking of you guys

Hayley said...

I know how you feel girl! We've had a few "long" days this week as well! Hope C&H get to feeling better and I hope you and your hubby get some rest. Poor babies!!

Michael, Kelly, Kai and Kale Hobbs said...

There must of been something in the air because that's how my house was yesterday too! The baby was cranky and my 4 year old was a big grouch! Maybe they're just all ready for the weekend:)

Courtney Kay said...

awe poor babies!