Thursday, April 22, 2010

Count Your Blessings!

Well, it's that time of the month again! No, not as in 'that time of the month', but my one week out of the month that I work from home. I tried to be more prepared this month by getting a few posts together beforehand, so that I don't neglect my dear ole' blog for a whole week. As I sat here tonight, typing away at the keyboard, I heard Cooper begin to cry. Normally, I would let him cry it out, but he seemed to get madder & madder the longer he cried, so I decided to go in and rock him a second to calm him down. I think it was God's way of making me stop my busy life & count my blessings! As soon as we sat down in the rocker, he was fast asleep on my chest. As I sat there rocking him in the dark, I couldn't help but think about April 2008. Two years ago this month, we were going through our second cycle of IVF...4-27-08 was our Egg Retrieval, 5-2-08 was our Embryo Transfer, & on 5-11-08 we announced we were finally expecting after almost 4 years of trying to conceive! As I sat there tonight rocking Cooper, I couldn't help but to reach up & turn on the lamp to it's dimmest setting, hoping not to wake Hadley, just so that I could watch him sleep in my arms, just so I could watch him clutch his blue blanket, just so I could watch him suck that blue paci, just so I could smell his sweet head and to run my fingers through those beautiful blonde curls...tears welled up in my eyes just thinking about how lucky we are! As I laid him back down in his crib, I couldn't help but to stand over Hadley's crib & watch her sleep too....what is it about a sleeping baby that I love so much? I stopped right then & there & counted my blessings...I thanked God for the two angels we call Cooper & Hadley. What could we possibly have done to deserve these two? We truly are blessed!

14 comments:

Anna said...

This seriously brought tears to my eyes. We are SOOOO blessed to be mothers! There is nothing in the world like it.

Anonymous said...

You ARE truly blessed! My husband and I just got back from sneaking into the nursery to peek at the girls sleeping. There is NOTHING more precious than a sleeping baby (X 2!)

Liz said...

We celebrated our daughter's 2nd birthday today...and I've been weepy all day. She woke up last night, too, and instead of letting her figure it out, I grabbed her up and we both cried together. It was the best 3:30 a.m. wake up in the world. I can't help but think this is her last birthday with just the three of us. I am so excited that she'll have a little sister in the fall but I'm also a little sad because I love our family of THREE so much!! Blessings are all around and we just need to make sure we see them!!

The Cochran Crew said...

Thanks for making me remember!!! I often get too caught up to count my blessings as well!! Thanks!

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Precious post, dear Mary Kate--
love you, Aunt Dianne

Ami said...

Dan or I still go every night to check on Joe before we go to bed. He's two and a half now. :) I guess we'll have to stop when he's 15.

Rebekah said...

This brought tears to my eyes! You are such a good momma!

Humphrieshome said...

That is so sweet. I think wanting and hoping for something for so long makes you appreciate it much more when you get it or it happens.
You have a lovely family

Kristyn said...

Oh I know what you mean! I sneak into my girls' room every night for a little peek. There is nothing more precious than your very own sleeping babies!

Unknown said...

This was a great post to read this morning. As someone in the middle of Follistim injections this provides a flicker of hope that the miracles do happen and maybe this will me my time and soon I'll be rocking one of my babies to sleep...Thanks Mary Kate for such an inspirational blog!

The Power Family said...

Thanks for the reminder this morning! I don't seem to count my blessings often enough these days, but am so incredibly thankful for my 2 boys!

Michelle said...

This is the best post I've ever read! I thought it was going to be hilarious the way it began, but it turned into something very sweet. Thank you for sharing. :)

Robyn Beele said...

I have those moments all the time! I just cry because I am so happy! We are so blessed!

Erin said...

I'm an emotional mess after reading this..LOL!! What sweet babies!!