Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hadley ❤'s her Pencil!

I swear this girl is so smart! The other day Hadley came up to me with a pencil and a piece of paper she had gotten off our desk in the study and sat down beside me and started to draw on the paper. We have never given her paper & anything to draw with, so I was floored how she knew what to do with it! So we sat there for a second...she let me write her name...and then she continued to scribble! She was so proud of her pencil!
Photobucket
Then she got up and went in her 'fort' and drew for a little while...still beaming cause she had her pencil!!!
Photobucket
I know the time will come, when either C&H will begin writing on things, but I didn't want that day to come just yet, so I decided to put Miss H in her highchair and let her draw away while I finished what I was doing in the kitchen! I gave her one of the crayons that the Easter Bunny brought her, but she didn't want it...she had her pencil!!! Seriously, how does she even know how to hold a pencil correctly???
Photobucket
Just look at her excitement...
Photobucket
...and that concentration! I love that tongue!!!
Photobucket
Since then, she wants to 'draw' with everything...from sticks
Photobucket
...to toys!!!

7 comments:

Robyn Beele said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever seen!!! She is so smart! I love the picture of her and the rock!!

Jill said...

Okay, this is cute. She's holding it perfectly! She has obviously watched you guys everytime you write something down! LOL

Jessica said...

I feel the same way about Lucy! I am amazed everyday at the stuff that girl comes up with!

Today she took all her "kitchen utensils" into my big kitchen then set up all her stuffed animals against the fridge and proceeded to cook for them... Perhaps I watch too much Rachel Ray?

Ginger said...

They are both too cute. I love the looks on her face as she is drawing.

patti ann said...

she is amazing!!!truly an angel!!So smart!!
pattiann

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! I wonder where she learned that! Do you ever write in front of her? It's kind of amazing how she can hold it properly - most kids just grip it for a while!

The Campbells said...

it just innate i believe. E started drawing at 12 mos or maybe earlier. they love to color, it's like they just know what to do w/ stuff sometimes. crazy! they'll amaze you everyday!