Monday, April 19, 2010

Hadley's Expanding Vocabulary

Everyday Hadley is saying new things, so I just wanted to record them here so that I don't forget them! With some random, cute pictures added in!!!
  • The other day after lunch, I had already cleaned up Hadley and was almost done cleaning up Cooper when Hadley walked up to me with her hands in the air and said 'ni-ni'. She ran to her crib and was trying to get in. I gave her her paci (which she has recently started calling her 'b') & blankie and put her in bed & she was out like a light! Poor girl was tired & she let me know...that was the first time she really 'communicated' with me...it felt good to actually understand what she wanted!
Photobucket
  • That same afternoon after their nap, we were playing in their nursery. There is a drawer with some instruction manuals, small knick-knacks, & some baby ornaments that I had on a small white tree in their room around Christmas. They know they aren't allowed in this drawer, but, of course, its the first drawer they go for! Hadley had opened the drawer and kept saying what sounded like 'drink' over & over. She finally came over to me, got in my face, and said 'drink'. She does this when she really wants something & wants me to help her get it, so I walked over to the drawer. I couldn't imagine what she wanted out of the drawer that was a drink. I looked in to find a baby bottle ornament...she wanted a drink out of it...silly Mommy! So I gave her the ornament & she pretended to 'drink' it for the rest of the day! She cracks me up!
Photobucket
  • She is always saying 'Hi Bubba'...you can hear her in the beginning of this video that was from today while playing outside!
  • While we were outside today I blew some bubbles them...btw, I got C&H some 'No-Spill' bubbles at Target the other day...best thing invented for toddlers who like bubbles!!! She kept saying 'bubbles'! Too cute!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

We need some "No Spill" bubbles because we spill the whole jar every time we blow bubbles! Thanks for the tip!

Michelle said...

We have those bubbles too! The blue container with animals on it. Great post! Thanks for sharing!

Liz said...

what a sweet girl! and, yes, those no-spill bubbles are the BEST INVENTION EVER!!

Liz said...

what a sweet girl! and, yes, those no-spill bubbles are the BEST INVENTION EVER!!

The Campbells said...

How old is she? 16 mos? I forget. Anyway, her vocab will EXPLODE soon. E went from 25-30 words at 15 mos to 50-60 at 18 mos. It was like overnight too. One day it was like she was learning 5-6 new words a day! Crazy! I used to write them down but after 18 mos, I just gave up. LOL. Wtg, H! Watch out, she'll be speaking so much you'll wish she'd just be quiet for 5 minutes! LOL. I know, my kid doesn't stop talking! ha!

Robyn Beele said...

That is too funny about the bottle ornament! I love the video! So sweet! And the no spill bubbles are a god send!

Jen said...

Please, please share wear you got those shirts?
I have been searching and searching :)

That video was the sweetest thing ever!!!