Friday, May 8, 2009

Congrats Mom!

All I can say is that I am so proud of my Mom. On Thursday night, she received  the Golden Apple Award from the Fort Smith Classroom Teachers Association for excellence in teaching. She was nominated by her coworkers and was one of five recipients in the entire school system. What a honor to win and what a way to end her 32 years of teaching with such a great award! Congrats again Mom...we are so proud of you!

She had no idea that she was receiving this award until our whole family showed up at the banquet last night. Her coworkers had told her another retiree at their school was winning so she was there to see her except the award. My brother, Kyle & my grandmother, Pogee came in from NLR to be there & when the whole family walked in she started crying. She was totally surprised!!! We love you & are so proud of you!!

Mom accepting her award

Our family
Mom & Mrs. Humphrey (her coworker who nominated her)
Pogee & Mom
Pogee wanted to see the babies & they didn't go to the banquet, so we stopped by my sister's house yesterday afternoon so that they could see their Pogee. She couldn't believe how they had grown! Here are a few cute pictures!! We love you Pogee & are so glad you & Kyle came last night!!!



4 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a great honor! My mom is a teacher in Conway (well, now the Literacy Coach). Her name is Vicki Altland. My mom amazes me too. Your babies are so cute! We just found out after 2 1/2 years of trying that we are expecting. I have a twin sister, so it makes me nervous about having twins, ha! Have a great weekend.

Jill said...

Awww...this made me cry! Congrats to your Mom!!

Anonymous said...

Mary Kate, that is so wonderful about your Mom. Teachers sometimes don't get the recognition they deserve. My Mom taught Special Education at NHS for 20 years. I sure do miss her and so wish she could have met Sam and Walker. Somehow, I feel she does!
Big Congrats to your Mom!
Polly

Anonymous said...

I agree...what a way to end a career on awesome note! Congrats to your momma!!!