Friday, May 22, 2009

Our Visitor

Tonight, Michael was mowing our back pasture at our house. There is one part behind our pond that stays really wet all the time. He hasn't mowed in a long time because of all the rain we have been getting lately. It was still extremely wet, but he decided to mow it anyway since it was about knee high. You can see this nasty area behind the dogs in the first picture.  As he was mowing he kept seeing snakes come out of the tall grass so he went & got his gun. The babies & I happened to be walking outside when he yelled at us to come see the snake he had just killed. As soon as he shoots something in the pond, our dogs, Drake & Rudy, immediately jump in to retrieve whatever he has just shot. Drake, our yellow lab, retrieved this huge snake tonight! Look at that huge thing...it gave me chills to even get close to that thing!!!

Look in Drake's mouth
He came & dropped it at my feet....

Looks like someone just ate dinner...please excuse my hubby's sound-proof ear muff things on his head & his boots outside his jeans!! 

13 comments:

Erin said...

OK YUCK! I MIGHT NOT SLEEP TONIGHT! Is it harmless except for the fact that it slithers?!?! I hate snakes!!

Anonymous said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...nasty! ♥ me some w.t.!!!

mika beth said...

that last comment was from me! :)

Jill said...

That would scare me to death! LOL

Bamawhitney said...

Wow, this takes me back to growing up and my older brothers and Dad doing the exact same thing at our pong. I hate snakes so much! You are so brave being out there!!!

And I am laughing so hard at his "outfit"!

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! Is that a rattlesnake? I.HATE.SNAKES! Hey, your husband is a man of confidence..no need for excuses! I had to get on mine this morning for going to the mailbox barefoot and in his pajamas! We live on a BUSY street! I told him you just can't buy class like that! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Polly

Anonymous said...

oh.my.goodness. Aren't you nervous to go outside?! I HATE snakes. I am completely and totally petrified (sp?) of them! That things is HUGE! I am shuddering and I am at least 5 states away. ahh.

Jennifer said...

Mary Kate,
You poor lady! I would have thrown up. I am deathly afraid of them and I have had a dog bring me there "treasure" UGH! Dang that Eve for taking that apple! I blame her for my fear of snakes:) Your babies are so sweet and growing so great! You are truly blessed!

Hayley said...

Eeewwwww...that thing is HUGE! I hate snakes so much. Tell your hubby to keep his gun handy since he mowed and disturbed them. YUCK...I'm sure I'll have a dream about snakes tonight after seeing that big, nasty thing!!! Be careful.

Anonymous said...

Seeing that might just make me stayed locked up in the house! Your husband looks so proud of himself, too funny.

LYNDEE said...

HOLY MOLLY, i thought the ones by our house were big, thats BIG... uhhh that makes my skin crawl, we have an area behind our house that stays wet also, im alway tellin chad be carefull, watch where u step..... and i always get the YES DEAR, YES DEAR...lol

Little April said...

OMG YIKES!! I hate snakes, they are the devil.

Courtney Kay said...

EWWWWWWWWW big!