Monday, April 7, 2008

Pushed back at least another week!

I just hate Mondays!! Let me back up a few weeks & explain some things...I started my last period on March 10 & called the fertility clinic, just like I was instructed to, as soon as I started my March period. During IVF cycles, the Drs & nurses are on call 7 days a week due to the precise timing of egg retrieval (ER) & embryo transfer (ET). Therefore, there aren't IVF cycles every month... that is why we had to wait until April to start with cycle #2. They have certain dates set out to start BCP so that your ER & ET fall within their 'on-call' dates. When I called on March 10, I was told I was too early to start BCP & they could either have me wait a week or two to start BCP or not take BCP this month & start with my next cycle. My nurse talked with my Dr. & decided on the first option & for me to start taking my BCP on March 21st. I took my BCP through April 3rd & went in last Friday, April 4th for my baseline ultrasound & bloodwork. As you might have read in my last post, my ultrasound showed a big follicle on one of my ovaries, but didn't get my estrogen resulted due to a broken machine.

I got a call today from my fertility clinic telling me that I had actually ovulated this month & that my estrogen level was too high to start my shots right now. That could be why I had a big follicle on my ovary, right?!?! I have to continue my BCP through Sunday the 13th & report back to Tulsa on the 14th. I am just so frustrated...why can't my body do what it is supposed to do???

I really hope I didn't confuse all of you because that was pretty difficult to explain!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I might just be one of the few who actually DID understand everything! :-) Sorry the timing is not going well...I guess it really just reminds us that we are not totally in control of the situation! I'm here if you need to talk!

~Jen

Anonymous said...

Awww.... Mary Kate I am sorry! We will continue to pray, that is really all we can do at this point! Just know that I love you and think about you every single day! Keep your head up!

Anonymous said...

I just went through my first IVF treatment. Just found out the cycle failed yesterday. I am really disappointed. I too went to Tulsa. Hope I have better luck next time. Cathy