Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Good News & Bad News

I am so sorry about not posting in a timely manner this week! I have been out in the field at work & have had no computer access except when I come home for lunch. Thanks Mika Beth for filling everyone in yesterday! You explained it perfectly!! What a week...what a week!!!

Lets start with the good news. My embryos are looking great! Today I have four grade 4, three grade 3, one grade 2.5, and one grade 2. I talked with my embryologist just before lunch & he said that only one (grade 2) has fragmentation & all the rest have none. Thats great! He said they are looking wonderful! I was also curious about the 5 immature eggs. Last cycle, 50% of my eggs had vascules (holes) in them. The embryologist said that none of the immature ones this cycle had vascules. That makes me feel better about the quality of my eggs!!

Okay, now on to the maybe not so great news. I could possibly be hyperstimulating. I am going in tomorrow for an ultrasound to make sure & hopefully they can do something before Friday. Monday my stomach was extremly distended & tender. My nurse & I played phone tag all day & I never talked with her. On Tuesday, I was feeling a little better. Tuesday night I became really uncomfortable. I couldn't sit down comfortably or lay on my stomach. They want me to come in in the morning because if I come in Friday & I am hyperstimulated they won't be able to do the transfer. They would have to freeze my embryos & do a FET (frozen embryo transfer) next month. Let's pray that this doesn't happen. Thank you all for the thoughts & prayers here lately!!

3 comments:

Our Blessed Family said...

I am glad to hear your eggs are doing so well this time! I will just pray really hard that they can get your body back where it needs to be!!
Jessica

Hillary said...

You are so brave. I saw Michael in the bank,and I told him I would be thinking and praying for you guys later this week. I am so proud to have you as my friend. Thank you for giving so many people inspiration through difficult times.

Anonymous said...

Mary Kate, keep your chin up. I also hyperstimulated, but still became pregant. I almost think it is better to give your body a short rest. Try and take it easy and get as much rest as you can. I'll keep watching for the updates.

Teresa Judkins