Monday, April 21, 2008

Stimulation Day 5

Today was my Day 5 appointment. Other than being extremely bloated, I am feeling great! Days 1-4 I have been taking 2 shots a day-in the morning 150 IUIs of Follistim & in the evening 100 IUIs of Follistim. This morning I had 11 follicles on my right ovary & 6 on my left. I was given the okay to start another drug called Ganirelix tonight, which is just one shot a day. I am also to decrease my Follistim to 125 IUIs in the morning & 50 IUIs in the evening. So from here on out, I will be taking 3 shots a day until my ER which should be no later than May 1st, possibly sooner depending on how I react. My estrogen level was 1079 this morning. I go back on Wednesday morning for more bloodwork & another lovely ultrasound!!

NOTE: I just looked back at Cycle #1 Day 5 & my estrogen level was 301. This cycle it is 1079!!! Wow...would you say I am responding a little better to the higher dosage of shots???

6 comments:

Jen said...

Hey! Sounds good so far...I was just looking back at your estrogen numbers on day 5 back in January and it looks like it's almost triple! Are you happier with your response so far on a higher dosage? Can't wait to hear how things are progressing...will be on pins and needles along the way with you! :-)

Mary Kate said...

Thanks Jen. I AM happier with the response so far! I can definatley feel the difference too...i am so bloated! I have a good feeling about this month!!

Our Blessed Family said...

Oh Mary Kate I am SO EXCITED! I am glad you put in there that your estrogen levels were higher because that number didn't mean anything to me! I am so happy things look brighter! Can't wait to hear more!!!

Love you guys!
Jessica

Lindsey said...

Hi MK, I was just catching on your past couple of entries, so just read your blog from Thursday...I'm so glad that poem has meant so much to you. It is something that gives me strength every time it seems too hard to find it and too big to bear alone. That's great that your numbers are better this time, and as far as my thinking goes, I think it's great to feel something new...afterall, all of the 'same old feelings' have never produced, so anything different is good as far as I'm concerned! This just might be your lucky month, or the month God meant for you guys...Good Luck! -Lindsey

Becca said...

Hey,
You probably already know about this, but just in case... there's an infertility ministry called Stepping Stones. They have forums, if you want to connect with other women in the same boat. The forum link is http://stepforums.bethany.org/
They also have a newsletter, which I used to receive. It's really good. -becca

Matt Locke said...

I hope everything keeps going good for you and Michael. You and Michael mean so much to Erica, Tyler, Jacob, and myself for your friendship. We will keep praying for you during this time of your life because we know how much this means for you and Michael.

Matt, Erica, Tyler, & Jacob Locke