Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Remembering Papa

Ten years ago today, my grandfather, Papa went to be with the Lord. It seems like yesterday...I vividly remember April 16, 1998. I was a senior at SHS & was called to the office. I knew something had happened when I saw my dad standing in the hallway outside the office. He was there to tell me Papa had passed away.

Papa was so sweet, so caring, & so loving to everyone around him. He was a wonderful husband, Dad, & Papa! I miss him with all my heart!! When I was younger, I would go stay a week in the summertime with Papa & Pogee. Pogee would take me shopping to buy me whatever I wanted! When we got home, I would have to model every piece of clothing I got for Papa. With everything I tried on he would say, "anything looks good on a good lookin' woman". Oh how I wish I could spend one more minute...one more hour...one more day with him!!

I love you Papa...you will always be remembered!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I am bawling...

Becca said...

Thinking about you today. It was great to see you. It was like our HS reunion there for a few minutes. I hope things go smoothly for you. I know the side effects can't be fun. Keep your head up! PS- my mom went on and on about how pretty you are! She's right.

Our Blessed Family said...

I know how you feel! My nanny passed away (it will be 6 years in July) and it is still very hard to think about her being gone!

It is amazing to be able to hold on the wonderful memories that you spent with your grandpa though! That is one thing that you will never loose!