Friday, April 4, 2008

Baseline Appt & Prayer Request

I had my first appointment today for cycle #2 of IVF. I have been on BCP for two weeks now & today's appointment was to make sure my body wasn't producing estrogen & to make sure I didn't have any follicles on my ovaries. I did have one rather large follicle on one of my ovaries, but the nurse said that if it wasn't producing estrogen, I would be okay to continue on. However, one of the machines in the lab that tests the estrogen was broken today so they couldn't get my results. I was told to continue the BCP through Sunday & to call in on Monday & find out what to do next. I kind of felt like today was a wasted trip to Tulsa! Oh well, we will just be set back a couple of day...I guess it could be worse!!!


Secondly, I wanted to ask everyone out there to pray for this little guy Ethan!! He is in desperate need of our prayers tonight!! This little guy has been fighting luekemia his whole life!! I have been checking up on him daily for the last year & it just breaks my heart.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have totally checked his site 100 times tonight!

Anonymous said...

I have totally checked his site 100 times tonight!

Jen said...

Hey girl! Sorry that you'll have to wait the weekend to know how to move forward...that SUCKS! I kind've know how you feel, though. When we went for our 2nd beta, it was the Monday of the huge ice storm (12/10) and when we finally got there, they tried to turn us away. Then, after they did do my blood draw, they could process it b/c the power kept going out and it was about a day and a half until we had any results. Pins and needles, for sure!

Good luck...TRY to relax this weekend and let us know as soon as you find out!!

Jen said...

oops...typo! Make that "they COULDN'T process it"! You probably figured that out... :-)

Jen said...

Hey! Any news yet from the baseline testing?