Thursday, April 17, 2008

What God meant when he gave me infertility

He meant for my husband & I to grow closer, become stronger, & love deeper. He meant for us to find the fortitude within ourselves to get up everytime infertility knocks us down. He meant for our medical community to discover medicines, invent medical equipment, & create procedures & protocols to eventually find a cure for infertility.
God never meant for me not to have children. That is not my destiny...it's just a fork in the road I am on. I have been placed on the road less traveled, & like it or not, I am a better person for it! Clearly, God meant for me to develop more compassion, deeper courage, and a greater inner strength on this journey & I haven't let him down.
Truth be known, I think God has singled me out for a special treatment. I think God meant for me to build a thirst for a child so strong & so deep that when that baby is finally placed in my arms, it will be the longest, coolest, most refreshing feeling I have ever known.

This was given to me by a high school friend who is struggling with infertility also. Thanks Lindsey...I read this daily for encouragement & strength!! Best wishes to you & Matt!!!
Today was my first round of shots...nothing to it!! I return to Tulsa on Monday morning!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG ! THat is awesome! Wow...

Our Blessed Family said...

That is amazing! I love you Mary Kate!

BTW, thanks for asking, my week is going well! I have pictures of the kids up now!

Jennifer McKinney said...

Those are my thoughts exactly, put in somebody else's words! I have no doubt that our struggle was meant for a reason. Right before we began "trying" 4 years ago, Darren decided to become Catholic (like myself), and that allowed my faith and devotion to flourish as well. We have spent almost half of our 9-year marriage waiting for this, and we are stronger now because of it! I'm sure you feel exactly the same way! God Bless...and have fun with those shots again! :-)
~Jen

Hillary said...

That explains it so well. I am so proud to have you as a friend. You are such a strong person, and I know that your struggles may seem endless, but God always has a plan. Thank you for sharing those encouraging words with me.

Becca said...

I'll just add that from the other end of the struggle-- different path, same struggle-- that my boys are totally worth the pain I endured on my way to them. I learned a lot, and I don't take them for granted for a second.

And Lindsey (if you're previously Lindsey B.), I've been thinking about you too. Your mom was my 1st son's nurse. I told her some of our story, and she let me in on a little of yours. At that point, I had no idea what else was to come for us, but like I mentioned before I now have the family I've always dreamed of. In the end, I go through all the pain and questions again for these boys.

**You guys know anything about a reunion? Just wondering...

Mary Kate said...

I was recently given a website for info on a reunion...hopefully they will be posting more info on it soon!

http://rebelsreunion.com/