Friday, May 16, 2008

Finding out we were pregnant!!

Last Friday will be a very memorable day in my life!! I have waited for years to see two pink lines on a pregnancy test. I wanted to write this down so that I wouldn't forget any details! Michael & I take turns throughout the week going home to let Charlie out & Friday is my day. So I went home like normal, and something was telling me to take a HPT even though I wasn't going to Tulsa until Monday. I prepared myself (like I have so many times throughout the years) for a negative. I told myself that if it was negative that it could be too early & there would still be a chance I was pregnant! Why do I do that to myself?? I have done that every month just to be let down several days later....but not this time!! :) So I took the test & I kneeled by my chair in my bedroom & prayed for several minutes. I prayed for God to give me the strength to accept what was in store for me...to give me courage face the challenges in front of me...and to thank him for all that he has given me. I took a deep breath & looked at the test. HOLY CRAP...I sat there staring at that test for I swear 5 minutes! I couldn't believe what I saw. Even though it was very faint, there were two pink lines! I just had to tell someone! Michael was at the Fort Smith Classic golf tournament. They won't let people take their cell phones in because it might mess up the golfers as they are putting etc. So I couldn't get ahold of him over the phone & really didn't want to tell him over the phone anyway. So, I decided to call my boss & ask if I could take the afternoon off & told her why. She was so excited for me& said she didn't mind if I took the rest of the day off. What a relief to have a great boss!!! So I made my way to the tournament. Michael's company, Webb Energy had sponsored a tent on the 18th hole & when I got there there were lots of people there including my dad, my father-in-law, my sister-in-law. I didn't want any of them knowing just yet before I told Michael so I asked if Michael would walk me up to the clubhouse so I could use the restroom. As we walked up to the clubhouse by ourselves, I think I scared him when I told him I needed to tell him something. He said he was excited, but really wanted to hear from the doctor to know for sure. I don't blame him for being reserved & scared since we have been let down so many times in the past. Once it started to sink in, he eventually got more excited!

Both of our parents went out of town for the weekend, so we had to wait until Sunday to tell them. It actually worked out great though because it was Mother's Day. We wanted to tell my sister & brother-in-law, the Edwards, & Michael's oldest sister, Mary on Saturday. We had planned to go to dinner with the Edwards since all 3 of their girls were in LR with my parents. On the way to their house, we stopped off at Mary's house. Sorry Mary if we woke you up!! I had wrapped up baby rattles for everyone to open. I was telling everyone it was a Mother's Day present, but since Mary wasn't a mother just yet, I wasn't quite sure what to tell her the reason behind the present was. She thought we had won her something!!! She caught on very quickly & was so thrilled & excited to be an aunt!! Then we went around the corner to my sister's house. I told her I had gotten her a little something for Mother's Day. When she opened her present, she immediately started crying & didn't say a word for about 5 minutes! I think we caught both sisters off guard!!

Then on Sunday, the Webb's got back in town first so off to their house we went! Since Mary already knew the news, we asked her if she would videotape everyone's reaction! When Cyndi opened her gift, she thought it was a sick joke before she realized we were serious!! She was in utter shock & was crying & shaking for the next hour!!! She has wanted to be a grandmother for so long now & is so excited! Next we went to my parents house. We totally caught my parents & my nieces off guard! My mom screamed & threw her hands in the air! My dad just gave me a huge hug! It took my nieces a second to catch on to what the excitement was all about & Sophie's hand never left my belly the rest of the night! In the meantime, we had called my Pogee & my brother & his family & told them since they live out of town! The first thing my only nephew asked was whether it was a girl or a boy...poor thing needs another boy in the family!!!

Needless to say, we had an excitement filled weekend! Hopefully I can get the videos downloaded soon of our mom's reactions to the big news!! All I know is that this baby is going to be one of the most loved baby in the world. This is one big happy family that has waited on the little bundle of joy for quite some time now!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Again, I am so thrilled for you guys! I think I had the same reaction. Eric and I had a small delay trying to get pregnant, but nothing like you, so I don't even dare try to compare. But, when I finally saw the pink lines I just remember thinking..."OMG...is this really happening? It's too late to go back now!" Don't think I'll see you tonight at the game. Garrett has terrible bowel problems right now and I really don't want to deal with that at a public restroom. So, here's a huge cyber HUG XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sam

Anonymous said...

I am still so happy for the two of you!!! You deserve it!!!

It sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

Yall take care of each other and keep us posted!

Love you THREE!!!!!

Matt, Lindsay and Roman Turner

Anonymous said...

Or four (above)!! I will get Matt to work on the video! I promise! I can't wait to spoil something rotten! mb

Meinardus Photography said...

Ok so I hate that I am so emotional! Goodness, I can't even look at your Blog, happy or sad without crying! I am so happy for you guys! I will have to be in on the spoiling cause Joel says no more babies! So I hope that there is room for my spoiling too! I have a little something for you so I hope you will be at church on Sunday! Let me know!
Jessica

The Cochran Crew said...

Still reading, still crying! I SO remember those days!