Monday, May 12, 2008

Update!!

I just wanted to update everyone on our appointment this morning. My nurse just called & said that HPT's don't lie! She said I am VERY pregnant. At this stage she said they are looking for a beta of at least 50. My beta at day 15 is 263! WOW!! I asked if that was any indication of multiples, but she said it was still too early to tell. I have to go back next week for another blood test & the following week for my first ultrasound! She said we can tell at that ultrasound how many are in there!!!

I wanted to thank everyone for the thoughts & prayers & the sweet comments this weekend! It was such a relief to hear from the nurse this afternoon! I think it is finally sinking in...I am going to be a MOMMY!!!!!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! What a BIG relief to get that beta number (mine was 200). Wow, they made you wait a long time to call with the news...What time was your blood draw? We got our call about an hour after the appt.

CONGRATS again!! Hope you guys are going out on the town for a great dinner tonight!! :-)

Our Blessed Family said...

awww Mary Kate I am so happy you got good news! All that prayer finally is paying off!!!

The Campbells said...

yay!!!

yeah, you will see this little round ball w/ a flicker in the middle.. that's his/her heart!! so much fun!!

can't wait to see your u/s pic!!

Anonymous said...

Nate and I are SO excited for ya'll!! Congrats :)

Amy Gibson said...

congratulations, mary kate! so happy for you!

Haley Nicodemus said...

Congratulations to the both of you! You guys will be incredible parents! So happy for you!

Haley and Kyle Nicodemus

Anonymous said...

MK, I had no idea what you guys were going through... Congratulations on the pregnancy! I will keep you in my prayers over the next 9 (10) months! I am so happy for you!
~Heidi Schneider Yates

Katie said...

mary kate,
i, too, am floored by all you have been going through to make a family with michael. (i found your blog thru amy's africa blog.) my thoughts and prayers are with you two as you travel through the exciting, albeit exhausting, stages of pregnancy!
best wishes!
katie (mccaskill) white