Friday, May 30, 2008

First Ultrasound **Pics Added At Bottom**

That's right guys....we are having two babies!!! Can you believe it?? We had a great check up with the doctor yesterday morning! I immediately saw two sacs as soon as he started the ultrasound & Dr. Prough said, "we put two in & you gotcha two"!! OMG, I just wanted to scream!!! I was about to burst with excitement! I looked over at Michael & saw the biggest smile on his face! We could see two fluttering heartbeats & could faintly hear them beating. Baby A was beating at 115 bpm & Baby B was beating at 131 bpm. The dr. measured them & said they were about the size of a grain of rice (5.6 & 5.9 mm). Isn't it amazing they can see a heart beating in something so tiny???

I have to tell you this funny story! As Michael & I were getting ready to leave to Tulsa, he proposed a silly little bet with me about how many babies we were going to have. His 28th birthday is next week so he said if I won I would get to choose where we would go to dinner & if he won he could choose! He let me choose first & went with my gut feeling of only one baby. He said good because he really felt like we were having two. Afterwards, I told him I really hoped he was right. Not only would I love to have twins, but it is his birthday & he should get to choose where we go for dinner! Then he turned to me & said well I really hope that you are right with only one baby!! So as we were leaving our appointment yesterday, he leaned into me & said he we get to go to Ruth's Chris next week for my birthday! I usually don't like to loose bets, but I couldn't have been more happier to lose that one!!!

We go back on June 13th & then two weeks after that for more ultrasounds. The dr. said at that point (10 weeks) if everything was still looking good, he would release me back to my regular OB/GYN. Wahoo...hopefully only two more trips to Tulsa!!! I will post some ultrasound pics as soon as Michael gets them scanned for me!!
****************UPDATED PICTURES*************

5 comments:

Becca said...

YEA! Congratulations twice! I'm so excited for you guys. You're going to be so tired... and happy! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a blessing! We are so happy for you guys!

Jessie and Jason

Our Blessed Family said...

What a cute bet! I'm glad he won too! Twins will be so fun! Lots of hard work no doubt but SO much fun! I can't wait to watch your belly grow!

The Couch Family said...

Mary Beth-
You are so welcome for the post! I babysit for an eye doctor who has twins and let me tell you they are amazing! It is a boy and a girl and they just turned 5. Their last name is Webb also!!! :) It is truly amazing to watch the interaction between the two of them. They understand each other when no one else can. You have a very exciting journey ahead of you and I cant wait to watch as you travel through it. My little girl's first birthday party is tomorrow and I am having mixed emotions right now! Im sad becasue she is growing so fast but happy because she is such a blessing. Cant wait for you to experience these feelings! Motherhood makes you feel things that you have never felt before!!!

Matt Locke said...

Every ultrasound is neat in different ways in that is unbelievable how something that small at that point turns into a precious little baby that you will love and care for.
Love the Locke Family