Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday update

Good morning everyone! I survived the magnesium sulfate & it wasn't too bad. Dr. Laws came by this morning & took me off all of my IVs & took out my cathedar! I feel free from all the wires...it's wonderful! He is putting me on an oral medication called Procardia to stop & keep contractions away. He wants me to stay here until tomorrow morning. He said today is like a practice day at home to see how I will do. If all is well today, I can go home in the morning! I kind of have mixed feelings about going home. I know that I will probably sleep better in my own bed, but I am scared that when the contractions come back that they will hit suddenly like the other night. We will just have to see how today goes! I am really getting scared about the delivery...I know I am in good hands, but I am scared to death. It really hit me last night how close I am to have these babies & I just kept doubting myself that I can make it through this. I know I can, but please keep praying!

Also, Michael & I found out last night that one of our good friend's father passed away on Thanksgiving Day. Please pray for Adam Dodd and his family as they grieve the loss of Adam's dad. We were so saddened to hear the news & hate it for their family. We love you Adam & Amy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still thinking and praying for you guys. xoxoxo

Our Blessed Family said...

Wishing you lots of luck! I hope everything goes great the next 24 hours!

Do not doubt yourself! You and Michael will be AMAZING parents! It is natural to get nervous about labor. Everything will be great though.
You are in good hands and you have a great support system! If you need me I am only a phone call away!

Lianna Knight said...

I am praying for you and for the birth of your sweet babies. The Lord will take care of you...don't worry!

Samantha said...

MK,
Hang in there. You and Michael are a strong team...everything will work itself out. Our love and prayers are with you both. Remember, anything at all...we're here. Braden and Garrett say "Hi, Marycake!"

Hugs,
Sam

Jill said...

So happy you are about to go home...you're going to be a wonderful Mommy. :)

Praying your guys as well as the Dodd Family.

((HUGS))

Unknown said...

Praying!

Robyn Beele said...

I am praying for you and the birth of your babies. Take Care!

Hillary said...

It is completely normal to worry, but you and Michael will do such a fine job with the babies. The delivery part is the "easy" part if you put it all into a time perspective. The next 18 years are whats going to be difficult. I am praying for you. Love and hugs