Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nesting???

Since I have been home on maternity leave, I have had three goals to accomplish...the finish all my thank you notes, get a hospital bag packed, & to get the nursery organized! Thank you notes are not yet done & the hospital bag has nothing in it, but the nursery is almost organized! I feel like I am majorly nesting...once I get going on organizing, I can't stop! Although, I have had the worst sleep yet in this pregnancy the last two nights, I feel like I have made major improvements in the nursery! Michael has been in the deer woods since Friday & I think he will be really surprised when he gets back to see how much I have accomplished! By the way, he killed two deer on Sunday (a 5 point buck & a 8 point buck) & he was so excited! Our freezer will be well stocked really soon!! I was really hoping he would be home today, but it doesn't look like it! I am really missing him & Charlie! Hopefully, I can get the rest of my thank-you's written & hospital bag packed before they get home, so I can enjoy their company even more!!! Here are a few pics of my progress over the past few days!!
All the clothes are washed, hung up, & sorted by size!
All the little knick-knacks...
Hat drawer & sock/bootie drawer...
Hadley's pink pig & sleep sheep in her crib...just waiting on her!
And Cooper's frog & sleep sheep...just waiting on him!!!

I need to start working on stuff for the walls! I am trying to decide on canvases with their initials painted on them or big frames with newborn pics of them?? That is my next project for the nursery!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I love your nursery! Absolutely gorgeous.

Laura said...

Mary Kate...I noticed the Lullaby book on your shelf. I am pretty sure it is the one we have...does it have 3 or 4 CDs in it? A mommy one, a daddy one and a few others maybe? My mother-in-law gave this to us and we LOVE it. I am not sure which one we listen to but we play it every night while Parker is getting ready for bed and it is so soothing. I hope your little ones enjoy it too!

Bamawhitney said...

I have been following your blog, not sure how I got here, but the nursery looks beautiful!

Jill said...

The nursery looks fabulous!

I read the post above as well...how cool that you guys are in the magazine! Your sister is such a talent.

Hope you're able to get some sleep.

((HUGS))

The Campbells said...

Everything looks great!!

Enjoy the organization now, b/c it's SO HARD to keep it like that after they come!! LOL

Congrats to your sis on the magazine!!

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Hey, since I do calligraphy, I will do the canvases with initials for the nursery for our baby gifts to you if you decide on that. Let me know as soon as you decide, since I need to get you guys something soon. The nursery looks gorgeous. Love to all, Aunt Dianne