Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Surprise Shower 11-17-08

Never in my life has anyone ever really surprised me. Sure I have gotten a few gifts that I didn't know about here & there, but nothing big! My parents tried to surprise me with a car for my 16th birthday & I found out about it & no one has ever thrown me a surprise party for any reason....UNTIL LAST NIGHT...a total surprise to Michael & I both!! For those of you that don't know, we live right outside of the city limits & are in a volunteer fire district. Michael has volunteered for the fire department since we moved out here in 2005 & absolutely loves it! I have to brag a little bit: his first year on the department, he was nominated & won 'Firefighter of the Year'! What an accomplishment!! They have meetings every other Monday and last night was one of their meetings. He left like normal & my parents called to see if I would like to go get ice cream with them since Michael wasn't going to be home...how can a pregnant girl pass up some ice cream, so off we went to Braum's, or so I thought! Let me just say, I did nothing yesterday except lay on the couch & sleep, so that means I had on no makeup & looked like I just crawled out of bed!!! I did throw on some jeans & a hat because I figured we would go in to get ice cream, but I looked horrible! Michael called right as we were walking out of the house to see if I could drop off a set of keys to the fire department on our way (which is right down the street from our house). I was hesitant because I didn't want to walk in their meeting looking like I looked. He assured me he would be right inside the door to get the keys! WRONG... I opened the door to cameras & people yelling surprise!!! Can you say total humiliation??? Michael had been surprised too & knew I was going to be embarrassed about the way I looked, but what could he have done at that point?? It was wonderful! All the members of the fire department & their husbands & wives were all there to celebrate Cooper & Hadley! We got showered again with some wonderful gifts & great food! They had the cutest games & decorations!! Thank you so much White Bluff/Rye Hill Fire Department...you guys are awesome & you got us good!!!
the cute decorations..look at the napkin diaper!
some of the gifts we received...
the cute clothes...

The whole fire department went together & got us these cute outfits. They say 'WEBB' in pink & blue on the back & Cooper & Hadley on the front pockets & look at those cute boots!!

8 comments:

Rathi said...

How fun, love the firefighter outfits for the babies.. When you mentioned Braums, boy do i miss it.. For some reason, there are a bunch in north texas, but not in houston.. all we get is blue bell. I like it but not as much as braums.. Have a great Tuesday!

The Allens said...

Okay, those firefighter outfits are way too much! How cute, cute, cute! And to go to such elaborate means to surprise you - I think it's sweet!

Our Blessed Family said...

awwwwwwww..... From a fire fighter's wife, those outfits are adorable!!! What a great surprise!

Verna said...

Wonderful, what a lovely surprise. Love the outfits.

Jill said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! And those fireman outfits are precious!!!

You guys are so loved...

((HUGS))

Lianna Knight said...

Oh so very sweet!!!! Great friends! Those outfits look like GREAT first Halloween costumes :)

Janet said...

How wonderful to have friends who care about you so much! Enjoy, enjoy and happy packing!
:-)

Robyn Beele said...

WOW! I bet you were surprised! That is so wonderful.