Sunday, November 2, 2008

Little Rock Baby Shower

This weekend my two college roommates, Liz & Miranda, threw me a baby shower with some of my college friends at 'Mimi's Cafe' in Little Rock. It was such a great day & I am so glad I got to see my old friends...it brought back so many great memories!!! Thank you all for coming to help me celebrate these sweet babies! Thank you Liz & Miranda for all your hard work to get this together!! You all are too sweet!!

All my girlfriends at the shower

The precious diaper cakes & initials for table decorations!


And the precious & delicious cake!
Overall it was a great weekend with friends & family, but it was very hard on me. I'm not sure if it was the two & a half hour car or what, but this will be my last trip out of FS until the babies get here. My back hurt so badly & I was very uncomfortable all weekend. My swelling has increased & I haven't slept at all the past three nights. I am not sure how much longer I can continue to work all day! I have another appointment on Thursday and I plan on discussing how I have been feeling lately. We also have another 2 hr ultrasound...I am so ready to see the babies again!

9 comments:

Jill said...

I just had lunch at Mimi's today...yum! Looks like you had a great time with girlfriends. :)

It also sounds like it's time to take it easy...bless your heart.

Get some rest, little mama!

((HUGS))

Jenna said...

That looks like so much fun! Those initials are precious!

Heather said...

I hate it that you are starting to not feel so great. I look for your name in the L&D census every night that I work. I keep thinking any day now you are going to have your first round of premature labor. I hope not (but I am looking forward to your little honeys)! Definitley not yet, though. Let's wait till 34 weeks, at least! ;)

Our Blessed Family said...

You are so blessed to have so many wonderful people in your life to throw you all these showers! Your babies are super spoiled already! I am sorry you are not feeling good! I am sure the back pain is way worse with twins than it is with one! I remember how bad mine hurt though! Hang in there! Let me know if I can do anything for you!

Lianna Knight said...

So sweet! You take care of yourself too..you'll need to conserve that energy when the babies come :)

Janet said...

I just LOVE the cake with the babies on it - so special. You need to take care of yourself now and take things easy. You are going to need your strength for the birth and after!! Slow down a little, and I am sure you'll feel a lot better!
:-)

Heather said...

This was around the time I started to really feel tired. Listen to your body and rest whenever you can! You are doing great!!

Samantha said...

MK,

We're settled in now, and it's really starting to look like a home instead of a ramshackle barn. We're close by...if you need a single thing, give me a call. You know that we are more than willing, and perfectly happy, to help out in any way possible. Take it easy on yourself...
Sam

Rach@In His Hands said...

Hi there! I just recently found your blog and wanted to say "Congrats"!!! Twins...what a double blessing!
My husband and I suffered through infertility for 3 years...we are now adopting our first baby from Korea. We are so thankful!
Blessings to you,
Rachel