Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our weekend :)


WARNING: Lots of Pictures!!

We didn't have too much going on this weekend, but had a really good time! We started off Friday night with Michael's birthday. We had his family over for dinner & cake & ice cream. We grilled shish-ka-bobs and had the most amazing strawberry cake for dessert! We had a great time with family! This is the only picture I took, but I had to get one of the birthday boy!!! 
Saturday morning I got up & went to some garage sales! I found lots of good stuff while Daddy stayed home with the babes!! I took a few pics once I got home & got the babies dressed for the day! They were such happy babies when I got home!!

This was one of my garage sale finds!!! A Leapfrog Activity Table. I took the legs off until the babies can pull up & they loved playing with it! I got it for $12!!!
Cute Cooper...look at those lashes!!!!
Sweet Hadley!
I attempted to get a better picture of Coop's tooth...can you see it????

We went to church this morning. We still haven't taken the babies to the nursery yet...last time we went Michael & I both had to take a baby to the foyer, but today they both slept the entire time & were perfect! Once we got home, Hadley went down for a nap, but Cooper fought so hard not to go to sleep even though he we SO tired! I truly try to enjoy any one-on-one time I have with either baby. It is usually Hadley who fights sleep, so I don't usually have Cooper by himself since he is such a good napper. So today we decided we would go outside & swing.....in his swing....
...and in the hammock! He loved the hammock & was so relaxed!!!


Then Miss Hadley woke up!!! I got this crib soother at a garage sale also for $5! I have been wanting to get two, but didn't want to pay $30 each for them. I decided to put it in Hadley's crib since she is harder to get to sleep. Hopefully, I can find another good deal on one soon for Coop's crib!
Both babies love to watch it!! They sat Hadley's crib after she woke up watching it!!!
Cooper still hadn't napped at 3:00 so I decide to take the babies on a car ride to see if he would take a nap!! I snapped this picture before we left. I have to take the 3rd row seat out in order to get the double stroller in the back & the babies take up the middle row. So me & 1 passenger is all I can get in my Tahoe! 
Our 1 hour car ride worked like a charm! He slept the entire time....sweet boy...he looks so peaceful when he is asleep!!
Once we got home, we went on the back porch to sit for a while. Hadley was in the swing & I left Cooper in his carseat because he was still asleep when we came inside. 

...and look at my other baby who got the cutest hair cut yesterday!!
We sat on the porch & watched Daddy work in the garden for a while!
Then we started our nighttime routine....dinner, bath, bottle, & bed! I decided to give the babies  a biter biscuit for the first time tonight. They loved it, but made the biggest mess with them!



Does anyone have one of these?? This is the coolest thing we tryed out tonight! The brand is BOON & you fill the bulb up with baby food. All you do is squeeze the bulb and a little bit comes out on the spoon....so easy & quick!! You must get one!!
...and then one last picture of two of the cutest, most tired babies in the world!! {grin}

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

9 comments:

Bamawhitney said...

great pictures! Congrats on the awesome yard sale finds! That is really the way to go with all that baby stuff--especially when you need 2 of just about everything!

Lisa said...

What EXCELLENT pictures!! They are always so cute. Thanks for sharing the pictures and your weekend with all of us : )

Erin said...

What cute photos! Sounds like a perfect weekend! I love garage sales :)

mika beth said...

what a great post! i was having withdrawls!

Tara said...

I just think these two babies are adorable. They make me smile eveytime I see their pics. So sweet!

Kelly said...

Adorable pictures! They are getting so big!

The Campbells said...

girl, that second bottom tooth isn't far behind. you can see how swollen it is! the bottom two are usually the first to show. hopefully they come in quick. the top two are the worst.

happy bday to michael!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!

I want to know more about that spoon! It looks great!

Samantha said...

MK,

I have one of those same aquariums in the attic that Cooper can borrow. My boys both LOVED it! Call me! :0)