Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Not much going on & a fractured foot!!

Sorry for the lack of fun posts lately....I am kind of in a blogging rut! Here are the cutie-pa-tooties playing this morning!!


I woke up this morning & couldn't walk on my left foot. It has been bothering me for about a week now, but was feeling better yesterday. I have been itching to get out & run all week so I decided to go last night after the babies went down. Bad decision...I woke up this morning & could put very little pressure on my foot. I called the foot dr. & they got me in this afternoon. I have a fractured sesamoid plate...I am sure none of you know what that is...I sure didn't. It is a plate behind the knuckle of my big toe that acts kind of like a knee cap. There are two on each foot & one of those is in two pieces. I have to wear this lovely boot for 3-6 weeks depending on how fast I heal. He wanted to put me on crutches, but I said that wasn't an option and that I had two babies to carry around. He said I could wear this walking boot, but it might take a little longer to heal. So here is a picture of the beautiful thing....I am already sick of it & I have only had it on since 2:00 today! I pray for a quick healing foot because this is not fun!!!

10 comments:

Verna said...

Ouch, I know the pain can be horrid. I have problems with my toes and they can be very painful.

When I had surgery on the one, I sat on the office chair and pushed myself around backward in the office to get around.

Praying for fast healing.

Lea Liz said...

Oh no girl.. hope you have a fast recovery!!!!! Of course Cooper and Hadley are adorable!!

Patti said...

Oh that is no fun! :( Praying for a speedy recovery!!

Lisa said...

Oh you poor thing. I am sure it isn't the coolest thing to be wearing in the middle of the summer heat. Praying for a fast recovery!! Hang in there girl.

Jill said...

Bless your heart! I'll be praying it heals quickly. Take care, little mama!

((hugs))

TheFancyFritter said...

Awe! I'm so sorry! I hope that you heal quickly! You should add some ribbon to your boot and make it snazzy! :) Praying for a fast recovery!

Heather said...

Good luck with your recovery! I broke that same bone on the same foot 4 years ago and ended up having to have the bone removed. But, mine was a bad break and wouldn't heal. I pray that doesn't happen for you as it isn't a fun recovery. I do feel your pain, and having to wear that boot in the summer is no fun!

PS, your kids are adorable!

Bethany said...

i had to wear one of those when i injured my ankle playing volleyball and they had me in it for 8 weeks and OMG i thought i was going to die over the summer

Megan said...

Oh no! Prayers for a healing! No fun at all!

Megan said...

Oh no! Prayers for quick healing! No fun at all!